Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

“Bubberized” our speed loaders for the L frame

GmanCdp

I try today insert a piece of plastic of the right diameter, but I notice is too long (about 0,320")

It contact the center pin on the extractor when the head of the cartridge is again out of the cylinder.

What is the good high of this piece add on the Safariland III comp trigger?

Thanks

Edited by Patrick1981

I try today insert a piece of plastic of the right diameter, but I notice is too long (about 0,320")

It contact the center pin on the extractor when the head of the cartridge is again out of the cylinder.

What is the good high of this piece add on the Safariland III comp trigger?

Thanks

Patrick, where is the measurement (.320) taken? If it is from the original heighth of the trigger to what you put in, mine measured 0.070 inch. My longest (an old screw I used) measured 0.120. Even if it is only flush with the trigger heightth it will help a lot. I did not even think of the thickness of the heads of the fasteners you were using. Good luck with your endevaours. :cheers: Later rdd

Filled with hot glue and it seems to go well..

glueing or screwing something up that stretches the trigger I noticed it gives me problems, because it locks the tip of the ball is only just coming into contact with the cylinder.. perhaps better that way

• 1 month later...

Interesting read. I recently ordered some comp III's - getting into revolver :). I see that the modifications done to the comp III's include , discarding the plastic sleeve around the spring? Why do you want/need to do this? is there a benefit to discarding? Or is operation the same , with or without?

Also, thinking off using a brass set screw to extend the trigger a little(release a little earlier)? Or not really needed? Just fill with epoxy?

Edited by sbpt1911

Interesting read. I recently ordered some comp III's - getting into revolver :). I see that the modifications done to the comp III's include , discarding the plastic sleeve around the spring? Why do you want/need to do this? is there a benefit to discarding? Or is operation the same , with or without?

Also, thinking off using a brass set screw to extend the trigger a little(release a little earlier)? Or not really needed? Just fill with epoxy?

sbpt1911, I think that the plastic sleeve is not needed do I discard them when I take the Safarilands apart. I do not grab by the sleeve but at the bottom where the rounds are in the body. That way I will have an index everytime I take a speedloader from the holder.

On the trigger mech. You can fill with epoxy as it still will trigger early as it will contact the pin in back of the cylinder. Also with the hole filled it should keep the trigger mech from flaring out. I have found that a 22 brass will fit well enough if you coat it with the epoxy to glue it in the hole. Patrick used a hot glue gun. He discusses it in this topic. If you are interested there is some info about different reloading styles and techniques. It is in the main body of the article here http://www.4wheelguns.com/RogerDavis/ It may help or may even just bring up more questions. later rdd