Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installation Complete

Tom Mainus

After getting some good natured ribbing from the Canadiens at Area 5 this year, I finally took the time this morning, crawled up on the roof and installed the coolest weathervane I have ever seen on my garage. This weathervane was made by Farley Collins, inventor of the polish plate rack. I got this off of the prize table of the first Memphis Charity Challenge. It has been sitting in my basement ever since. I got the OK from Dawn to put in on the house when I got it home but just never did. Steve Irish told me I had to have it on the house before this years match, so the pressure was on.

For some reason I cannot attach pictures. So if someone knows how to do that for me I would appreciate it. I can e-mail them but the forum will not let me attach them.

Tom

Tom, when the wind is blowing, does the revolver point TOWARD the oncoming wind, or in the direction the wind is going? That target at the opposite end of the vane from the gun could influence the orientation.

Wind direction is always the direction from which the wind is blowing.

[us weather guys care about stuff like that].

Tom, when the wind is blowing, does the revolver point TOWARD the oncoming wind, or in the direction the wind is going? That target at the opposite end of the vane from the gun could influence the orientation.

Wind direction is always the direction from which the wind is blowing.

[us weather guys care about stuff like that].

Wind aided powerfactor, cut the corners whereever you can. :sight: