Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCC Shooters Monthly 3 Gun

Fred & Kelton, thanks for your hard work! Instant match results via QR barcode is great. I had a great time; and enjoyed the challenging stages.

FYI; took POV video of the stages:

Edited by Jin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to personally thank everyone that came to our first monthly match at CCCShooters.

We had 25 shooters and I enjoyed each and everyone of you guys, a true bunch of professionals.

Thanks for enduring the beta test of my new scoring system, I thought it went well and received nothing but positive comments about it.

The weather was hot but the shade we have at CCC helped greatly, I saw no one with any signs of over heating. We finished the match at 2:15pm.

Scores have been already posted in this thread but I have them on the website under the July Match menu at cccshooters.com.

My vision for our matches is to create a match that requires shooting and gun handling skills, a moderate amount of physical endurance while making it tough to GAME. We have a unique range and we want to have matches that test your skill as a marksman not as a strategist...

I look forward to see you all next month and will accept any suggestions and comments about the match and scoring system.

Thanks,

FredQ

Match Director

CCCShooters

Thanks for putting on a great match. Your scoring system is amazing. Please share your technology with every match director in the area. Hopefully they will all adopt it.

James

A lot of running for 24 rounds, I figured at 140 yards +, shooting was not the problem, running and continuing to breathe, not a fun stage for me, and the V-tac barricade was not much fun either. The other 2 were good stages and I hope we see more of that type rather than endurance and flexibilty stages.

• 3 weeks later...

I meant to reply to this thread a couple weeks ago.

Great little match you guys put on. I enjoyed it much. Thanks to Fred and Kelton for making that happen. It was worth the drive.

Two of the stages were unique, and added a frustration factor I haven't seen before. People are gonna love it or hate it, but adding a physical element to the match is fun as well.

I *really* enjoyed the two run-n-gun stages a lot more. Those were awesome, even if one of them was a "surprise" stage.

Yes match is on. stages should be posted by this weekend. Thanks

Will it be a shoot on Saturday and/or shoot on Sunday match like in July?

Yup, sat and sun for this shoot as well. Hope you can make it out again and look forward to shooting with y'all again.

Edited by aggunner

Got the new MGM Spinner Target yesterday and set it up today. It's a blast to shoot... You can spin it in 4 shots with .223 if you hit it right. This will be a great target for 3-gun, rifle, pistol or shotgun and will be a challenge with precision rifle out at 400 yards.

Remember to bring a sling for your rifle for this match.

FredQ

I shot the match yesterday 8/27. New MGM spinner is indeed a hoot to shoot-get your timing right and away she goes...or not.

The new Riflemans Ridge stage was a really fun combination of near and far targets engaged from 4 different positions and was the only real physical running portion of the match.

All stages except 1 have shade, a blessing in these temps. I really like this range for its rolling natural terrain and shooting positions. Fred has worked super hard to fine tune the stages, build berms and alleys, and his stage design pretty much challenges the shooter and eliminates gaming. The scoring system has no peer-up to date match results on the fly in seconds. All the stages have movement but you are shooting and/or loading while moving vs a dead run to a different postion. The moderation of the hard running brings welcomed emphasis to good shooting technique, manipulation skills, ammo management vs just physically surviving the stage. No match setup or tear down is definite benefit.

Its a 130+ miles from my digs to aggieland but its worth it-fun factor = high. See you guys next month, keep up the great work.

Alan

This match should have been called the "Hotter than Hell Open", 108 Saturday and a solid 109 today.

A big thanks to the 18 shooters that braved the heat and joined us for some great "Run & Gun" 3-gun action, of the long range variety...

Scores are posted at CCCshooters.com

Lets hope the weather will be cooler next month.

FredQ

Edited by FDQ

You guys don't know what you are missing. Even as hot as it was, it was still a blast. Fred and Kelton did a great job. This is a different kind of challenge than running and hosing down paper targets. Makes you think and really know your rifle and distances. First time I got them all right. Fred, thanks again for the help. I learn something new every time I come out. Even the old and slow can compete if you know your rifle. I still need alot of work on shotgun loading. See you next month.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this going to be fun match but I'm worried about some of the stages with 300-400 yards. :( The farthest I could practice and been in a match before was 200yards. Oh well, just going to try to have fun that's all that matters.

Are there alot of shooters during sunday match? I don't want people to see how I suck. :surprise: