Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

prescription glasses to nonprescription glasses makes me shoot faster.

I normally wear prescription glasses when I drive and also when I shoot. I have prescription oakley and some prescription rudyproject glasses , last week I bought a cheap sunglasses camera, first I was hesitant to use it in the match because I know my sight will be a little blurry with it, my first 3 stage I use my prescription glasses I made bad hits, so I said to myself my game is already a mess I will use my Sunglasses Camera so I can see what Im doing wrong. but something better happen Im actually kicking ass . I was shooting alot faster and my transition and accuracy is good too.. I was shooting Limited10 but I finished strong on combine result very competitive finish againts alot of better shooters in all division. my theory is that my eyes are alot faster wearing non prescription because that is my normal eyesight , ( im only -1.00 on both eyes I dont need glasses to within a 5 yard distance further than that its blurry ) so it seems I see the frontsight clear but blurry on target ... anyone else had experienced or notice this?

I do the best of both. I can still see a crisp front sight uncorrected so I do monovision. My dominate eye is uncorrected for a crisp front sight and my weak eye is corrected for distance. I do this with an insert in my Rudy Rydon frames.

I do the best of both. I can still see a crisp front sight uncorrected so I do monovision. My dominate eye is uncorrected for a crisp front sight and my weak eye is corrected for distance. I do this with an insert in my Rudy Rydon frames.

thanks Greg I will experiment on that ... I have few removable prescription lense to play. but wont that make you dizzy or give you headache if your eyesight are not balance? or you just wear it just before the stage?

I put mine on when i get to the range takes me a few minutes to adjust, I leave them on for the match. I have even driven home and not noticed until I got home that I had them still on.

This doesnt work for everyone I have seen a few people post a negative experience, but it works great for a lot of people.

Edited by Greg Bell

That video about made me car sick. :roflol:

I think you need a better test, that stage only needed sights on the steel and one tgt had a no shoot other wise it was a hose fest. Tx Star at 25 yards with stacked no shoots behind it should work.

Edited by CocoBolo

That video about made me car sick. :roflol:

I think you need a better test, that stage only needed sights on the steel and one tgt had a no shoot other wise it was a hose fest. Tx Star at 25 yards with stacked no shoots behind it should work.

its still looks great thou lol . Im beginning to think maybe for a hoser stage I dont need a prescription glass.

+1. I have my right lens corrected for a crisp front sight and my left eye is corrected for distance vision. Works great.

Non-dominent eye corrected for distance. Dominent eye for front sight.

+1. I put them on in the car for the 20 minute drive to the range. Good to go when I get there.

My shooting glasses are set up the same way. Ask around and you will this is a common way to set up contact lens for everyday wear.

Keith

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I put mine on when i get to the range takes me a few minutes to adjust, I leave them on for the match. I have even driven home and not noticed until I got home that I had them still on.

This doesnt work for everyone I have seen a few people post a negative experience, but it works great for a lot of people.

Exactly what I've started doing. My prescription is only for my dominant eye of course. It was interesting seeing, really seeing the front sight with the adjustment. I'm not sure I had ever seen it that clear (except when I was a kid). I just have to make sure to get them on as soon as I get to the range so my eyes can adjust. Then leave them on for the entire match.

• 5 weeks later...

This is an old post, but I just thought/discovered about this last night for me. I was missing some targets, and I couldn't figure it out. Then the "ahha" moment came in, I am nearsighted, so I use prescription glasses to clearly see far/distance. I realized that my front sight is blurry when shooting with prescription glasses, and I was just looking at the target over the front sight to shoot. I'll try to shoot without prescription glasses next time, because I can see the front sight clearly, so I'll get the front sight focused instead of the target...this should work. Thanks.

Call Lehman Optical in Prescott, AZ. 602-321-4404

He can make you a set of Glasses that will do what you need for your eyes. He is sending me a set of lenses to try along with other lenses to put in front of the new lenses so I can fine tune the new lenses and see what I need at distance. Then he will make the final lenses....great service as well.

DougC