Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People on Cell Phones

Graham Smith

Walking down a busy street just now, I came up behind a woman walking and talking on her cell phone. I could either holler at her to move or go around. I went around on the curb side but had to avoid a street lamp. Just as I got past that, she turned my way and almost ran into me. If she had, I would have likely been knocked off balance into the street right into the path of an oncoming delivery truck.

About five years ago, a general contractor in Indian Wells, CA ,on his cell phone, walked right into the path of a fully loaded concrete truck backing on his job. He was caught squarely under the two axles on the passenger side of the truck. They say he was pretty much squashed flat.

Yes just in the last week I have seen not one but two different young girls riding their bikes down the sidewalk while talking on cell phones and having trouble going straight at the same time. This does not bode well for the future.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

A persons awareness level (or lack thereof) doesn't change whether they are shooting a gun, talking on the phone, or driving a car ....... Watch out for the terminally stupid people in life.

Amen to that...

Speaking of texting, the most current stats I have seen from the Alive at 25 driver education folks indicates 30 young drivers die in crashes every day. Of those 30 fatalities, 13 are from texting. The number goes up when you add in the folks they take to the grave with them.

BTW girl from mall video actually tried to sue mall because of video. ...it supposedly ruined her life. No one would have even known it was her had she not come forward...nothing surprises me anymore.

• 2 weeks later...