Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

So, a 1x Optic (Aimpoint, Eotech, etc..) is in Tactical Class, AKA Tactical Optics with the magnified scopes? I'm good either way, but if I'm competing with 1-4's, that's what I'm bringing.

That really sucks and I hope that rule gets changed. I run a red dot and hate going up against guys running magnification especially in matches with long range shots. At most matches, I'd be in limited.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link Ms. Kitty.

There's a couple of things in the scoring that has me confused so maybe someone could help me out.

"A.        A paper target which is not engaged by firing at least one round at it will receive a minimum of a 10 second penalty for not making the required hit(s) on the target and 10seconds, per target, for a Target Not Engaged (TNE) procedural for a total minimum penalty of 15 seconds per target added to time. "

In this rule should it be for a total minimum of 20 seconds instead of 15, or is it 5 seconds for the TNE instead of 10?

The following two rules regard a reactive steel target over 100 yards and a swinging style target over 100 yards which to me can be the same. The end result is the same but how you get there is different.

"9.1.3.5 A reactive steel target that is over 100 yards which is not engaged by firing at least one round at it will receive a 20 second penalty for a Target Not Engaged (TNE) procedural per target added to time, in addition to the miss penalty time of 10 seconds for a total of 30 seconds. "

"9.1.3.9 A frangible, knock down or swinging style target that is over 100 yards which is not engaged by firing at least one round at it will receive a 10 second penalty for a Target Not Engaged (TNE) procedural per target added to time, in addition to the miss penalty time of 20 seconds for a total of 30 seconds."

Just want to get this clear in my already cluttered mind. Thanks.

Perfect example of why one set of rules would be beneficial to everyone!

Good Afternoon:

I hope you all have a chance to check out the website. Please note the Release Form is located on the bottom left hand of the page. Click on the link and print. Once filled out, bring it with you to registration! Below is a link you can copy and paste in your URL...

http://spartantactical.info/3gun/custom-1/2011-FB3G-Libality-Release.pdf

FYI: There are still a few slots remaining in this match!

Look forward to seeing you at the match!

Sandra a/ka/ Ms. Kitty

2011 FB3G Stats

Match Director if Jim Smith, Spartan Tactical.

I don't want to release the Match Director just at as I need to confirm who was asked...but I believe you will all be pleased :D

Stages are being reviewed as we speak...They hope to have them finalized with round count sometime next week...Stayed tuned.

Sandra

2011 FB3G Stats

Yes. We still have slots open. Send me your application-its going to be great. As indicated by Mike Hughes, check out the website www.Spartantactical.com. Click on the banner for 3 gun and it will take you to hotel, range info, directions, etc.

Look forward to seeing you there. :cheers:

I am going to bring up my camper , just to pump up the "party atmosphere" :goof:

Night shoot the stages :devil: lay Mine fields :devil: Rattle snake round-up

Jello shots after dark :goof:

Can I come party with you?

I / we gotta figure some kind of -Open House- night So yes come to the ?party?

Where is this match? 2hrs nw of ft. Worth?

Please go to the SpartanTactical web site and there is a separate site site for the match. Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge and it has a map. Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks, Jim Smith

We now have a third new hotel in Bridgeport that we are recommending with a discounted Spartan Tactical rate of $60 a night.

Bridgeport Suites

Bridgeport, TX

(940) 683-1795

Talk with Mindy and Cheri for the Spartan Tactical rate. It is across the street from the other two hotels. Thanks, Jim

HOTEL INFORMATION!

Below are the two hotels we have rates quoted at $70.00 per night for our shooters.

The Match hotel is the Comfort Suites.

Comfort Suites located at 2302 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-5777. If you have any questions, please ask for the manager, Cheri Fowler.

La Quinta located at 2300 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-2040. If you have any questions, please ask for the manger, Mireya.

Wednesday at Range 2:00-5:00pm for ROs and those shooters shooting on Thursday only. I will continue Registration at the Match Hotel on Wednesday 6-8 pm if necessary.

Thursday: at the Range from 12:00-5:00pm. Registration will continue at the Match Hotel at 6:00-8:00 pm. If you are not going to make registration, please contact me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made. I am NOT having registration Friday morning so please be prepared to register during the posted times. ;)

I look forward to seeing you at the match.

Edited to correct La Quinta's phone number

There is a third new hotel in Bridgeport that we are recommending. Bridgeport Suites (940) 683-1795. They have a Spartan Tactical rate of $60 a night. Thanks, Jim Smith

Sandra

2011 FB3G Stats

Well I am going to the doctor this week to see about getting the metal out of my ankle this winter. I may be on crutches or in a scooter for this match. So will this match be natural terrain or bay/berm style stages? I'm just trying to determine if I need a 4x4 scooter or if the old RWD will do the trick.

The majority with be natural terrain. Thanks, Jim