Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mag pouches should I get?

Nealio

I shoot a wide variety of games, so I'm leaning towards Blade Tech so I can get them with Tek-locs on them. What pouches do you run and what would you reccomend?

I'm currently running Safariland 771's for Glock that I re-shaped to fit the Tanfoglio mags (I got them dirt cheap)

Its hard to beat the versatility (can be easily adjusted to work with many different width magazines by adding or removing shims) and adjustability (angle of the pouch on the belt) of the CR Speed Mag Pouches. That being said, I use the Safariland 771's for my Limited setup. If you like the 771's the SpeedSec Speed Mag pouches are very similar in design in how they retain the magazine. I got some of those for my ladies M&P Production setup and they work great for her.

I like the 771, but I was leaning towards the SpeedMag. That was until I saw OpticsPlanet had the 771's on sale for $17.50/ea delivered! I scored 4. So my decision was made for me. :)

if you go cheap,...than you will settle for cheap that will "do the job". If you want versatility and higher end,...go with Guga Ribas, or the New DAA aluminum mag pouches,...or CR speed.

I wouldn't say the 771's are cheap as in cheap and nasty, Nealio just got a great deal!!! All the pouches you mention are great but so are the 771's!!

• 2 weeks later...

The 771's are not a cheap made pouch. I need to look for me a set...LOL, But that being said I am using CR speed pouches now and have used the same set threw several gun and mag changes so if you want a do all pouch I like CR Speed. Just my opinion.

I run the 773's and they are bullet proof. The mags stay put while moving, but they just snap up and out fast when you grab for them. They are extremely well made; I can't imagine them being damaged by an impact. They are basically just a shorter version of the 771.

if you go cheap,...than you will settle for cheap that will "do the job". If you want versatility and higher end,...go with Guga Ribas, or the New DAA aluminum mag pouches,...or CR speed.

Where can you find the Guga Ribas?