Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ultimate open revo

Mad Scientist

So here it is .I am in the process of building out my 686 . so far I have a really nice triger with a smooth 7 lb double action . I have a c-more sts on a custom mount . I have the douglas barrel on the bench with the calipers and a piece of drafting paper. I plan on machining a comp right in the barrel blank once the programing is done. I have the comp worked out on paper . the barrel will end up at @ 4.5 inch of riffled bore with the ballance of the 6 inches being comp.Using a slabside barrel.Of course ball crane lock .004" cylinder gap etc. will shoot 38 supper or 38 short .I wish I could find a 9mm cylinder . I have @50,000 pieces of 9 and a 1050 set up for it.

I have the metal parts of the gun worked out . . I will probable make a grip for me that resembles the angle on my autos.Its been good enough with out the barrel,and grips to shoot sub 2second runs on 5 pin but I am sure the grip will be an issue from the draw.

Thats the back ground on the topic . That is my ultimate revo for now . whats yours money no object. K,L,N frame:6,7,8 shot: tube or holo sight:comp or not : caliber ?

627 8 shot 38 super. Either in open Red Dot, compensator, NILL grips, moon clips, trigger job

or not open fiber front sight NILL grips, moon clips, trigger job.

Loading Clays over Billy Bullets at 135 pf.

Getting these ready for mini Walls of Steel 29 May 2011. 6 stages 30 +/- plates each stage.

Wish they made this in a 10 shot but that would be way over the top. PM me for pictures.

George

Edited by GMM50

I have my ultimate open revolver. It is a S&W 627 8 shot 38 super with a full action job by Mike Carmoney. The double action pull is right at 6 lbs and smooth as glass. It has a C-More on an Allchin mount and a wood Hogue Big Butt Grip. My moonclips we made on a CNC machine for Starline brass and have absolutely no wobble. A very good friend made them for me, I asked for 20 moonclips and he whipped out 75 for me while he was at it. It all rides in a Speed Sec holster with a North Mountain Moonclip Holder.

jaxshooter - me and you must have very similar taste. I finally found an all stainless 627 vcomp. I didn't even see it. I have the gun sent directly from the guy I bought it from to Mike. He worked it over and then I added a c-more on an Alchin mount. It is awesome.

Seems like I remember a conversation with a smith about not using 9mm in a revolver because of the tapered walls. I don't remember the details, but I think that was the gist of it.

any one know of a source of cylinders??

Numerichs? I have one and I think I got it from them. http://www.egunparts.com later rdd

eta, That link went elsewhere. Here is a link right to the page 8 shot cylinders They are out of 38 super at this time. later rdd

Edited by Bubber

Actually, if money were no object I'd have one built like I saw at Randy Lee's booth at the NRA convention. DA was 3 1/4# (I believe that was what I was told). My wife knows very little about revos and was impressed!

Richard

Actually, if money were no object I'd have one built like I saw at Randy Lee's booth at the NRA convention. DA was 3 1/4# (I believe that was what I was told). My wife knows very little about revos and was impressed!

Richard

wow 3 1/4 da trigger thats hard to imagine . I would have to feel that one . carress it . stroke it.

Richard

wow 3 1/4 da trigger thats hard to imagine . I would have to feel that one . carress it . stroke it.

Then shoot the poop out of it to make shore it was reliable. Any exscuse to shoot something like that would do

Edited by Mad Scientist

The owner of that match gun was there at the booth. She, yes she,is a top shooter! Getting old, can't remember her name LOL!!!!! You can bet it gets a lot of use.

FWIW

Richard

The owner of that match gun was there at the booth. She, yes she,is a top shooter! Getting old, can't remember her name LOL!!!!! You can bet it gets a lot of use.

FWIW

Richard

I'm guessing it was Lisa Farrell, she works for Randy. But may have been someone else.

Greg

You need some hybrid holes in that thing too. :D

I have been thinking about that to . The comp that I have in mind is a variation of what i have now . With a barrel that weighs just over a pound I want to shoot it first and see what I need to keep the dot flat.

Its funny I shot the local steel match with 2 autos and really never got my head in it . I felt like I was never behind the gun. Its been a long while since I have shot that game. So for fun I got out the revolver and was faster than with my 22 . I was behind the gun and needed only 1 make up for 5 runs. Go figure. Every one said maybee you should have shot that gun today. The 686 felt good with the STS sight mounted on the top strap.shooting atlant arms 148 wads tcj havent finished my 38 short load work yet. I have found that the shorter I load the more acuarate the gun is .Even with the long jump. Maybe a 627 is in my future.Found a 627 supper "R-Comp" for @1200 might get that. its a Bangers with the ugly grips.

Any thoughts on that price??