Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Classic

SNSCaster2

I put the light between my ring and middle finger, which ended up pointing towards the bottom of the target. My plan of shooting 8, reloading, and shooting 4 went to crap when i fired a makeup shot at the first target... one that i didn't need! Still worked out ok, aside from being down way too far on points..

I held the light between my middle and ring fingers. Then held both hands together. My weak hand didn't wrap around strong hand, just held my fists together. Very natural. I don't need to have my sights lit up, instead I can see a good sight picture when they are back lit. My reload was with my thumb and index finger.

The light was off at start, which let me to wonder how many shooters started with their hand ON their gun. The RO didn't have NODs and was in the dark as well.

My video is posted as well, no hat cam though.

I held it between my index finger and middle finger and thumbed it on, when I did my reload I was able to grab the mag with my ring finger and pinky finger. It worked, I wasn't all the fast in there, I screwed up and earlier took my contacts out because my allergies were killing me and put my prescription sunglasses on.......I didn't have my glasses with me.

I held the flashlight with my ring finger and pinky finger and placed next to my face and shot strong hand only. Dropped two points and had a low 8 second run. The most awkward thing was the mag change. The way I held the flashlight, I was able to almost grab the mag normal and the light bounced off my shirt and was able to see the magwell 'ok'.

Never thought of having my hand on the gun before the buzzer...

I held the flashlight in weakhand and held it close to my neck, shooting strong hand only. mid 8s run with 11/12 As. The reload was a little tricky, but I sort of rolled the flashlight into my finger tips and did the reload with the thumb and index finger. It was definitely something new I had never done before and you can bet I'll be prepared for it next time. :devil: .

and btw, I reloaded after 4 shots instead of 8. seemed like a better time to do it with the movement thru the doorway.

And I must be a good person too, bc hanving my hand on the gun never even crossed my mind. :blush:

Last year, one of my squadmates showed me how to hold the flashlight between ring and pinky, which left thumb, index and middle free to do the reload and allowed a pretty natural freestyle grip. Unfortunately, after I did the reload, I returned my weak hand to the gun to aggressively and turned the light off. If I had it to do again, I would have just shot the two targets after the reload SHO and held the light at my shoulder - they were both well within 3 yards. That would have saved me several agonizing seconds I spent trying to get the light back on and getting back on target.

I held the flashlight in weakhand and held it close to my neck, shooting strong hand only. mid 8s run with 11/12 As. The reload was a little tricky, but I sort of rolled the flashlight into my finger tips and did the reload with the thumb and index finger. It was definitely something new I had never done before and you can bet I'll be prepared for it next time. :devil: .

and btw, I reloaded after 4 shots instead of 8. seemed like a better time to do it with the movement thru the doorway.

And I must be a good person too, bc hanving my hand on the gun never even crossed my mind. :blush:

I shot it like Corey only slower. Reloaded with the mag between my index and middle knuckles of the week hand. And it didn't occur to me either to start with hand on the gun.

I thought about hand on gun, in the dark, during our after action review (7 hr drive home). I thought, "OH MAN, I wonder how many people started with the light pointed at the first target (off until buzzer) and hand on gun. It was pitch black and the RO would never even know." The fix for that, in the future, is to have hands at sides, light ON.

I'm a gamer, not a cheater. I started as instructed.

How many of you nodded your head at "are you ready", before realizing the RO can't see you? LOL

I'll echo Corey's question ....... love to know what you guys were doing with the flashlight, since we'll probably be shooting the dark house at Area 5.

There is gonna be a dark house at area 5?? what stage is that? can we bring our own light? do we have to bring our own light?

Man... this looks awesome. When I shot dark house, my gun jammed twice because I was essentially doing strong hand only and shooting too fast for my own good. Stupid limp wristing :P