Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington 1100 mag extension for 8 rounds

The 4 round tube is correct for a capacity of 8 in the magazine +1 in the chamber, which is the most allowed outside of open for USPSA multi-gun. But, depending on your barrel length you may want to go longer for non-uspsa matches. And like Dan said, I would go with Nordic. They cost a little more than Choate, but are made better and look much nicer.

Edited by Bryan 45

I am running a Choate and like it well enough but I bought that before I signed up here and had no idea about Nordic, given the option I would go with the Nordic but the Choate seems to work well enough.

I run Nordic extensions on both of my 1100s. Quality product that can take the wear and tear of 3 gun.

I also like the Nordic because you can disassemble it from both ends, that helps in putting everything back together (with that long mag tube spring) when you remove the extension and forearm for cleaning the 1100 gas assembly.

(AFAIK the Choate is sealed on the muzzle end, the ones I've owned are that way).

not to hijack the thread but a related question, if you add an tube extension, what relationship does the barrel play, how long can you go with the extension before you need a longer barrel? or how long can the extension be for a 18 inch barrel?

not to hijack the thread but a related question, if you add an tube extension, what relationship does the barrel play, how long can you go with the extension before you need a longer barrel? or how long can the extension be for a 18 inch barrel?

I put a plus 5 extension on my Mossberg 930 SPX and it extends 7.5 inches beyond the muzzle. I have fired it and noticed no blast or other effects to the extension and noticed no effect to the barrel or shot placement. You can find on Youtube several videos of people shooting shotguns that have magazine extensions going beyond the muzzle.

I am setting up a Remington 1100 for 3 gun and want to know what size extension tube do I need . I see that Choate offers a 4 round tube.Is this the correct tube? What are the rules?

Call Remington parts department and ask about these parts:

F300903 MAGAZINE TUBE EXTENSION ASSEMBLY 22" BLACK OXIDE

F99833 Magazine Extension Tube Coupling Matte Finish

F300892 MAGAZINE SPRING, 12 GAUGE, 9 SHOT

I think they cost me about $45 + shipping a few years ago. You'll wind up with 8 round mag, plus one in the chamber.

• 5 months later...