Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Humm

Good way to look at it, but it may help you visually to use the optical properties of the no-shoot and hardcover. For instance, the human eye is very effective at automatically determining the center of a given object, and if the arrangement of a shoot/no-shoot target is such that the target-area is at the center, you can use the entire array to help aim at that center.

Dont think to yourself "Don't hit the NS". Instead say "Im going to hit whats left of the Azone there".

Another humm. I always focused on shooting the center of what was there(available shoot area, maybe closer to the A-zone) for speed but the center of the available A-zone area? Humm.

Thanks!

Ommmmmm it is not a Gino State Match it is a normal match...it is not a Gino State Match oMMMMMMMMM

Now, let us concentrate on...breeeeeeeeeeeeathinnnnnnnggggggggg.....

Ooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ommmmmm it is not a Gino State Match it is a normal match...it is not a Gino State Match oMMMMMMMMM

Now, let us concentrate on...breeeeeeeeeeeeathinnnnnnnggggggggg.....

Ooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You forgot, I helped to set this frackin mara-thong up! :angry2:

Don't mess with the religious experience I'm having right now! :ph34r:

Edited by Silver_Surfer

In my dry practice, I rarely have a target that does not have a no shoot on it. I know some people practice with targets without stuff on them, then when they get to a match they try and figure out where they are going to place the sights.

Now for me, I am so used to picking my spot that it comes automatically when there is a no shoot or hard cover.

The same is pretty much true for live fire practice. Lots of no shoots at various distances (18-30yrds). Because of this I rarely look at my draw time. I try and pay attention to my transitions. I get a much more realistic picture of my skill level this way.

As a side note: I was horseing around with folks after a practice session. We were doing draws on a 7 yard target. My time was 1.0 second out of a Safariland 560 Concealment type holster, a Master out of a 012 race holster hit 1.0 then dropped down to .93. So I figure my draws are not blazing but adequate, since I rarely practice draws at that distance.

In my dry practice, I rarely have a target that does not have a no shoot on it. I know some people practice with targets without stuff on them, then when they get to a match they try and figure out where they are going to place the sights.

Now for me, I am so used to picking my spot that it comes automatically when there is a no shoot or hard cover.

The same is pretty much true for live fire practice. Lots of no shoots at various distances (18-30yrds). Because of this I rarely look at my draw time. I try and pay attention to my transitions. I get a much more realistic picture of my skill level this way.

Practicing more difficult target/shot scenarios than you will typically find in a match is a good thing.

be