Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

help with new CR Speed equipment

As you can tell, I'm very new to this.....

So I got a new CR Speed belt and mag holsters. With the belt there are 2 separate pieces. Does the inner one go thru your belt loops and is there where all of the equipment attaches? Then does the outer belt go over all of that, outside of the belt loops? With the mag pouches, I've removed the plastic piece and put in the "shim" labeled CZ, yet the space is way too small for my SP01 Shadow mags. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks guys.

Mag pouch loacation is a very personal preference. Depending on your division, there are some restrictions about where you can/cannot have your mag pouches located.

If you can't find a happy medium with the mag pouches, put the side so that it's a little "looser," and then add your own shim. I use the soft (loop) side of velcro to add a little weight, but still be smooth that the mag doesn't hang up at all when I draw it out.

Another trick I use. Put velcro on the back of your pouches and holster so they stick to the inner belt as well. This takes alot of movement out of the belt due to not enough velcro holding them together.

First off, +1 on what others said about how to use belt. Inner belt through pant loops, outer belt with gear on it attaches to the velcro inner belt.

I just recently added a CR speed mag pouch to my belt, and I shoot the CZ SP01. The mags are the same. It took some fiddling to figure it out, and I really can't tell you in words what I did, so here are the pictures. I didn't use velcro because i'm just using it for my make ready mag, so after the start, there is nothing in there. But velcro would have definitely tightened it up more. I use that for my speedsec pouches. If you have questions, feel free to PM me, or post in here. ( more comments after the pictures )

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

Also, if you're running production, ie: 4 mag pouches, you may want to use the velcro strips on the inside portion of the mag pouches. (you can barely make out the velcro I'm referring to in the second picture) Otherwise, where the mag pouches are on the outer belt, there will be no velcro holding them to the inner belt. With four pouches in close proximity, it makes that side sag. With the velcro on, the mag side will be very secure. Just note, when you do this, it's very hard to reposition when the outer belt is on. Make sure they are in the right spot before you attach. What I did was set up the mag pouches and holster where I want them, position the outer belt on the inner so both the holster and mag pouches are behind the hip bone. Then I then took a thin strip of black electrical tape and wrapped that around the outer belt only, right in line with my belly button. That way when I put the belt on, I have a perfect reference point where the belt goes. Goes on same way every time. If you're shooting Limited or L10, doesn't really matter much.

Guys, thanks for all of the tips. I was laying in bed last nite, wondering if I had the shims somehow installed incorrectly. I had them veritical, instead of horizontal. Then I wake up and see this pic (thanks!) and see that yes, indeed, that is the case. Now that I see how they're installed, we're good to go! :roflol::rolleyes: