Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apparently the 1050 is not bullet-proof

$30K for the Pistol machine and $50K for the Rifle. Add 10K if you want computerized filling of the bins that hold the bullets and cases. Caliber changes are $4K and take 2-4 hours!

On another note...I got an email from Dillon and they are taking care of the shaft replacement for me. Great News!!!! I am still replacing the swaging rod to ensure that as little pressure as possible is placed on the machine, my swager looks very well used. Should be back up and running this weekend!

Thank you Dillon!!!

I can barely afford to feed my 650! But if I had one of those I bet I could make A class! :roflol:

And yes I believe the $30K is about the entry point. They are pretty high tech machines with all the checking going on.

Freakshow & Rob - I agree, there is nothing that compares to a 1050 for home use but calling the Dillon a commercial press is like calling an ultra-light an airplane, yeah they fly but not far and not fast. Having visited commercial reloader there are machines that are much more appropriate for the task but they take lots of space and lots of electricity. Loading for resale on a 1050 is a loosing proposition.

I disagree. I'm a commercial reloader and use a 1050 for loading. For the volume I do it's perfect. If I was shipping even 5 cases of ammo daily, that's another thing. I don't ship and only load ammo for local sales so the 1050 handles it well. All depends on what market you wish to serve. I learned a hard and expensive lesson that I can't compete with online sales, so I stay local. Mail order with a 1050 is very doable if you have the time and it's used as a stepping stone for a Camdex or AmmoLoad for the popular 9/40/45/223 stuff. I've consulted a few new ammo loaders on equipment and they are doing just fine using 1050s and selling mail order.

Freakshow & Rob - I agree, there is nothing that compares to a 1050 for home use but calling the Dillon a commercial press is like calling an ultra-light an airplane, yeah they fly but not far and not fast. Having visited commercial reloader there are machines that are much more appropriate for the task but they take lots of space and lots of electricity. Loading for resale on a 1050 is a loosing proposition.

I disagree. I'm a commercial reloader and use a 1050 for loading. For the volume I do it's perfect. If I was shipping even 5 cases of ammo daily, that's another thing. I don't ship and only load ammo for local sales so the 1050 handles it well. All depends on what market you wish to serve. I learned a hard and expensive lesson that I can't compete with online sales, so I stay local. Mail order with a 1050 is very doable if you have the time and it's used as a stepping stone for a Camdex or AmmoLoad for the popular 9/40/45/223 stuff. I've consulted a few new ammo loaders on equipment and they are doing just fine using 1050s and selling mail order.

Back in the day I knew a gunshop that got into commercial reloading. The had about 8 1050's in the back room, and they worked out great for them.

be

Most of the Dillon threads finaly end with "Thank you Dillon"

Yep invariably this is the case. It's also the reason I buy only dillon reloading supplies, presses, etc.

Edited by gohuskers