Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Beginning of My Reloading Odyssey

Brian,

What was the time line? Order on Tuesday 4/26. Tracking number provided Wednesday - Fed Ex showed delivery on 5/5. Enos scale came Friday 4/29. Fed ex actually dropped two big boxes today 5/3.

Who is better than you? Thanks for the great service.

Wish my bench top supplier was as efficient - my butcher block arrived as a 72 x 30 not the 72 x 34 ordered. Hopefully I can straighten that out before the rest of the bench is delivered May 14.

I'll update my set up as I get my workstation built out.

Thanks Again for all your service.

Phil M

post-22100-090015700 1304472296_thumb.jp

Fed Ex made two trips to the house today. Got my ammo boxes, maintenance kit, case gauges and some other small items this afternoon and they just dropped off a long heavy box now (7:30 EST). My basement looks like a Dillon store.

I also got the same service from Brian. I actually got all my equipment and Dillion 550B a day earlier than I expected. Brian also called me 7 hours after I made the order to ask me a few questions and I actually saved a few bucks. What other company would call you and tell you that you may not need something that you already paid for, The answer is no other company would of done the same that Brian did. Thank you Brian for being one of the only companies that make customer service # 1 on the list. Keep up the good work and from now on I buy all my reloading stuff from you, "This Bud is for you Brian."

pmclaine: How/where did your order your bench top and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm about to order a 550B as well from BE.com and would love to have a good top to mount it to rather than a plywood/MDF monstrosity.

pmclaine: How/where did your order your bench top and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm about to order a 550B as well from BE.com and would love to have a good top to mount it to rather than a plywood/MDF monstrosity.

I bought mine from a company local in Massachusetts, Kaufman Company. A 72x34x1.75 is in the $300 range with delivery. I think the American made tops are all by Wood Welded/Bally Block in PA and MI( http://www.mapleblock.com/detail/industrial-bench-tops-34/ ). They have a link to find your local distributor (how I was put in touch with Kaufman Co.).

Grizzly also sells them (http://www.grizzly.com/products/searchresults.aspx?q=butcher%20block&new=1). If I had it to do over I think I would go with Grizzly, their prices seem reasonable and they would probably have got me the right top.

If you live near MA I have a 72 x 30 that I will be returning soon for the 72 x 34 I ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

I also got the same service from Brian. I actually got all my equipment and Dillion 550B a day earlier than I expected. Brian also called me 7 hours after I made the order to ask me a few questions and I actually saved a few bucks. What other company would call you and tell you that you may not need something that you already paid for, The answer is no other company would of done the same that Brian did. Thank you Brian for being one of the only companies that make customer service # 1 on the list. Keep up the good work and from now on I buy all my reloading stuff from you, "This Bud is for you Brian."

Brian treats his customers like they are his personal friends. While he is in the business to make money, he has shown that his customer's a very important to him. You just don't find this anymore. There are places that say their customer's are number one, but you don't feel it when you deal with them. Brian makes me feel like I have known him for years, and he is helping me get the best equipment out there. I guess that comes from actually caring about your customers, and actually selling the best equipment out there. I tell people that if they buy their equipment from Brian Enos, they will not ever have buyer's remorse. My Dad used to tell me to buy the best tool for the job. That way you are always satisfied with your purchase, and you save all that money you would have spent on the "inexpensive" tool that had to be replaced with good tool you should have bought in the first place. Dad was right.

Brian treats his customers like they are his personal friends. While he is in the business to make money, he has shown that his customer's a very important to him. You just don't find this anymore. There are places that say their customer's are number one, but you don't feel it when you deal with them. Brian makes me feel like I have known him for years, and he is helping me get the best equipment out there. I guess that comes from actually caring about your customers, and actually selling the best equipment out there. I tell people that if they buy their equipment from Brian Enos, they will not ever have buyer's remorse. My Dad used to tell me to buy the best tool for the job. That way you are always satisfied with your purchase, and you save all that money you would have spent on the "inexpensive" tool that had to be replaced with good tool you should have bought in the first place. Dad was right.

Thanks guys - I appreciate that very much!

And that's a nice looking bench Phil

be

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday night I'll try making some ammo. I'm 98% complete. I'll add a rack for rifle cleaning rods on the rights side of the upper cabinet and I think a glide out shelf under the Vibratory case cleaner would be a nice touch. Glad I waited the two years to save for/set up a good work space rather than jump the gun like I was tempted to do so many times. Again great service from Brian Enos.

post-22100-084347800 1306546097_thumb.jp

post-22100-097637200 1306546108_thumb.jp

post-22100-022854600 1306546116_thumb.jp

post-22100-085675900 1306546123_thumb.jp

post-22100-010471300 1306546132_thumb.jp

Sunday night I'll try making some ammo. I'm 98% complete. I'll add a rack for rifle cleaning rods on the rights side of the upper cabinet and I think a glide out shelf under the Vibratory case cleaner would be a nice touch. Glad I waited the two years to save for/set up a good work space rather than jump the gun like I was tempted to do so many times. Again great service from Brian Enos.

post-22100-084347800 1306546097_thumb.jp

post-22100-097637200 1306546108_thumb.jp

post-22100-022854600 1306546116_thumb.jp

post-22100-085675900 1306546123_thumb.jp

post-22100-010471300 1306546132_thumb.jp

Pretty Blue! Everything looks good. I wish you many happy years reloading!

Brian provided great service to me as well on my 550, he even noticed what I was going for by what I was buying and provided me advice to complete my objective. Great guy!

Brian provided great service to me as well on my 550, he even noticed what I was going for by what I was buying and provided me advice to complete my objective. Great guy!

You are correct! Brian is the most helpful person I have dealt with, when it comes to reloading. I wish I could find someone that helpful in the motorcycle industry <_<

You are correct! Brian is the most helpful person I have dealt with, when it comes to reloading. I wish I could find someone that helpful in the motorcycle industry <_<

I learned the following from the motorcycle industry (Harleys).

Factory parts are 95+% of the time better than after market.

Shop mechanics do not treat your machine like their own. You will get a better repair buying the specialty tools and doing it yourself. The side benefit is you will have the tools for life to use them again or help someone else out and you learn something. As I was ordering a cheap little stepped piece of delrin to lock the clutch basket on my bike for repairs and the mechanic said "just stick the handle of your hammer in the clutch sprocket and wrench down on the shaft nut" I knew I wouldnt be taking my bike to a shop again if at all possible. Sure there are expedient measures but if you are a professional mechanic and wont buy a cheap purpose built piece of plastic in preference for grinding up the handle on a much more expensive hammer (never mind the potential issue to my bike) something is not right. As a result of this I am too tooled up for my 96 model year bike and have no desire to part with it and have to retool.

Edited by pmclaine

You are correct...I do all my own maintenace on my 2004 Fatboy Custome and have bought the tools I need to keep it going for many years!

BTW..just got my XL650 on Friday. Brian got it right out this week. I am just now setting it up, but it seems to be in perfect adjustment and all is going good!! Everything fit great and feels like a precise piece of equipment.

DSC04307.jpg

Edited by BigBore56

Congrats!!! i ordered my 550 and a bunch of stuff on friday. I feel like a kid the day before xmas, doing anything i can to not go crazy :roflol:

I've only loaded 20 rds so far for load development and haven't played with any of the accessories. I took my time on the set up and followed the instructions in the manual while watching the video. I was tempted to just rush ahead but I made myself be patient. I think it paid off as getting my machine producing my minimum test batch went really well.

My suggestion to you is to do the same. Your first impulse will be to rip into the boxes - it was mine. The packing material is really well done (Union made cardboard from CA if IIRC) - save it for items you may being sending in for service in the future.

I'm about fifteen minutes from heading down to make test batches 2 and 3. Just got to brush two sets of toddler teeth and get them in their beds.

Edited by pmclaine

I definitely am goin to take my time setting it up. I didn't get the set up DVD but I did get brians competitive reloading DVD. Thanks for the tips bud. I hoping I'll get it fairly quick since I'm in Cali and Arizona is a day drive away lol.

You are correct...I do all my own maintenace on my 2004 Fatboy Custome and have bought the tools I need to keep it going for many years!

BTW..just got my XL650 on Friday. Brian got it right out this week. I am just now setting it up, but it seems to be in perfect adjustment and all is going good!! Everything fit great and feels like a precise piece of equipment.

DSC04307.jpg

My bench is similar. I have the Forster on the left, and a 550 in the middle, white pegboard with tools / primer pickup tubes. I'm going to have to sit down and figure out how to post pictures. :blush:

My Harley is a 92 1200 XLH. It's a paint-shaker, but it's fun. Lot's of torque... Not as much as my old shovel had, but not pushing near the weight either. 2 gallon tank won't take you far on one fill-up, but you need to stop frequently anyway, to scratch your behind.

Edited by roadapple