Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm ammo for the cup

1911vm

I do not have time to develop a proper load for the match so I decided to purchase for this mach. Does any one have any suggestion where to purchase good accurate ammo. Or just what ammo to buy? Thank-you

What ammo are you comparing ?

Dougs Bianchi 115XTP probably shoots darn good out of a properly built gun and comes with new brass.

You should probably be comparing it to AA's PPC ammo with an XTP for quality and accuracy, but their 115jhp might be comparable depending what bullet they use. It may also be loaded hotter than needed. Doug's load was made for Bianchi, by a Bianchi Shooter (and he's got a lot of satisfied customers on this forum). Was AA's made for Bianchi? (I dont know. . just asking)

You'll have to decide what you NEED and are willing to pay for. You're spending how much on a gun/match/lodging/trip etc?? I wouldn't hesitate to spend a little more on ammo if it met my needs, or improved my performance.

Good luck! :cheers:

But, you don't get to keep the new brass you just bought. Surely you have a starting point, shouldn't take long at all to get your load worked up, something around 130pf. Load at night, load when it's raining. 220 for the match, maybe 200 for practice, you're good to go, LOL

Wow, thanks for the kind words! :blush:

For clarification, I handsort the once fired brass into the same headstamp and roll size it, then load it. This ammo gets inspected and handled more than most ammo just because the match is so important......

By using the Federal Gold medal match primers I get a group size reduction of around 20% at 50yds. There is a difference, and unfortunately it costs more for the premium components.

Please feel free to call me again or email me for further information on the ammo.

Thanks,

DougC

Doug sent me another email last night. I definitely miss read his price sheet. And his pricing is fair for what he is offering. He even offered to deliver some of the ammo to save me shipping . I can't wait to talk with him today to finalize my order. Thanks Doug talk to you soon. Vlad.

I'm using Doug's ammo for the Cup. I did a little side by side with my Metallic gun earlier this week. It was dead on group wise with the AA 115 Sierra AP load I used last year. Didn't get a chance to really shake it out but they were both right at an inch at 25 off a 55 gallon drum I was using for a rest.

• 1 month later...

Ok the match is done. As far as the ammo. Actually first about Doug stand up guy is a bad description, very cool and extremely trust worthy. Honest to a fault. Would recommend him to any one. Now ammo, better then described by Doug I wish I did as well as it did LOL. Thanks Doug.

Vladimir