Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Firing Pin

johnny1gun

I have looked,and cant seem to find if anyone who makes a firing pin for the M&P.I have the old style pin,and am gitting tierd of waiting for it to break!Want a new one.Will Smith and Wesson just give me a new one or does it have to breake first.Please HELP!!!!

Thanks,J.B.

I called S&W and explained that I have the old style and wanted the new style, they sent it.

How did you do that? When I called the started to tell him what I wanted he cut me off,and said don't believe every thing you read on the fourms,and I was going to have to buy one.In a nut shell thats what he said.What magic words did you use I want them.

J.B.

S&W has no obligation to replace a perfectly fine working part.

If you need piece of mind, just purchase a new one and keep the old one as a spare.

+1

I managed to get a free spare when mine broke, but it was an early revision, and I think they were pretty much admitting it had a design problem.

At some point, if you want a spare, you have to pay for it. Speed shooters specialties is the place most likely to have inventory on them in my experience.

S&W has no obligation to replace a perfectly fine working part.

If you need piece of mind, just purchase a new one and keep the old one as a spare.

I have gotten one from Smith.It was $31 befor shipping,and thats exactly why I wanted one.Piece of mind.You can never have enough extras.

J.B.

Called Smith on 4/22 and told them that I had almost 10K rounds through my M&P and wondered when they would recommend replacing the striker. I also asked about the recoil spring, and low and behold, they are sending me both for free.

Wonderful customer service!

J.B.

try here: www.gandrtactical.com they have the new generation striker and the striker assembly. think they are still $28 for the assembly.

Nate

Speed Shooter Specialties (a sponsor here) carries the new assembly for $10.

http://speedshooterspecialties.com/catalog/search.php?submit=submit&categories=Smith+%26+Wesson+M%26P+9L%2FPro&subcategories=Factory+Parts

J.B.

try here: www.gandrtactical.com they have the new generation striker and the striker assembly. think they are still $28 for the assembly.

Nate

Speed Shooter Specialties (a sponsor here) carries the new assembly for $10.

http://speedshooterspecialties.com/catalog/search.php?submit=submit&categories=Smith+%26+Wesson+M%26P+9L%2FPro&subcategories=Factory+Parts

Is that the whole striker and everything for 10 bucks?

For that price you normally get just the striker. Best bet is to call them or email them. They will answer questions. (If it includes everything it's a great deal).

Edited by beastfrog

So I called S&W today,cause guess what happend after 2000 rounds,and 6 mo.Firing pin broke,and now I have 2 coming.They are on back order.Customer service could not have been better.It broke after yesterdays 300 round match.I dry fired it twice befor cleaning it,and it broke:(

J.B.

Edited by johnny1gun