Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech DOH - for Production

Flork

So I'm poking around looking at holster rules for Production Division and was hoping to find the info, but it seems to be alluding me.

The Blade-Tech DOH (http://blade-tech.com/Black-Ice-DOH-pr-1211.html) is it legal for Production? I've been hearing that it is, but I can't find the official ruling on it. Can anybody shed some light on it for me please?

Thanks.

Scott

Scott,

As I understand it, it's legal. As long as you still meet the 2" from gun to the belt (Appendix D4, 10.) and the heel of the gun os above the belt (5.2.7.2), so should be good to go.

I agree with all that, but my gun sits at 2.25" from the inner belt at rest on my body so it would be illegal. That's why I was asking for clarification. I found another thread saying it was legal, but I'm trying to make 100% sure.

Scott

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.1 A shoulder holster or “tie-down” rig (visible or otherwise),

except as specified in Rule 5.2.8,

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top

of the belt, except as specified in Appendix D, or otherwise indicated

in Rule 5.2.8.

5.2.7.3 A holster with the muzzle of the handgun pointing further than

3 feet from the competitor’s feet while standing relaxed,

5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation

of, the trigger of the handgun while holstered.

AND

20 Holster restrictions •Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun” type

holster prohibited.

•May not be manufactured or cut lower than,

and must cover the slide up to, ½” below the

ejection port

You can get that holster closer than 2 inches. About a million other Production shooters have.:cheers:

Make sure your overlaps are away from each other and cinch it up tight to shoot with.

If that don't work put a small washer or spacer under the bottom screws of the Hanger. That will bring the nose out a little and the top of the gun in. Don't get carried away as a little washer goes a long way.

I have seen a few guys have problems with the butt of the gun ending up too low. Something to do with their particular body style.

I agree with all that, but my gun sits at 2.25" from the inner belt at rest on my body so it would be illegal. That's why I was asking for clarification. I found another thread saying it was legal, but I'm trying to make 100% sure.

Scott

In that case, it's best to follow Sarge's advice and do a little modification to make up that 1/4". ;) There's nothing about the holster's design that's otherwise illegal.

Edited by JAFO

I'm looking at just bolting the holster to the belt...that will take out most of the gap problem.

Thanks guys.

Scott

Then you just have a Stingray. Work on the rig a little bit. You will appreciate the Dropped and offset feature more than running it up under your armpit.

Remove the Drop and Offset (DOH) adapter for Production and IDPA, leave it on for Limited...no worries then.

At the Battle in the Bluegrass I had Gary Stevens check my rig before the match. I shot Production with the DOH. And.... I was NOT moved to open. :roflol:

A.T.

Remove the Drop and Offset (DOH) adapter for Production and IDPA, leave it on for Limited...no worries then.

At the Battle in the Bluegrass I had Gary Stevens check my rig before the match. I shot Production with the DOH. And.... I was NOT moved to open. :roflol:

A.T.

Awesome...I measured mine and it was close...so I removed it just to be sure. With the DOH adapter installed, it is close. Without it, good to go for sure. Guess it depends on how much comes over the belt to measure from. :lol:

A.T.

This time :devil:

A.T.

This time :devil:

:roflol:

I put my DOH on yesterday and double checked it and I was right at 2.25" on my CR Speed Belt. I've got a spankin new Talon Tactical that fits the gun real well and works great, maybe I'll just switch to that.

Scott

All six divisions have the same restrictions on distance from the inner side of the belt. If the holster is non-compliant with Production rules for this reason, it will also be non-compliant as a Limited holster....

All DOH holsters seem to measeure at 2.25". Mine was also that distance and I had to modify it to pass. How can they be legal if they all seem to measure over

2.25" with the stingray? Or with the paddle? Or with the tech-lok? I'm guessing one of those was the original configuration and was perfectly legal, but changing over to a different base changed things.

All DOH holsters seem to measeure at 2.25". Mine was also that distance and I had to modify it to pass. How can they be legal if they all seem to measure over

Mine pass, but they're so old, they're still on original belt hangers, from long before it was a three piece holster/hanger....

Given that the DOH (with the three piece assembly)ends up angling the holster,

Is the two-inch measurement taken at the rearmost of the slide?

Or is it that somewhere along the length of the slide must be within two inches from the inner belt?

Given that the DOH (with the three piece assembly)ends up angling the holster,

Is the two-inch measurement taken at the rearmost of the slide?

Or is it that somewhere along the length of the slide must be within two inches from the inner belt?

Look at Appendix E2, and then read Rules 5.2.5 and its subsections....

In this case a picture really is worth a 1000 words....

2.25" with the stingray? Or with the paddle? Or with the tech-lok? I'm guessing one of those was the original configuration and was perfectly legal, but changing over to a different base changed things.

I've got the stingray, looks like that's the closest it gets to the body. I've decided to go with my Talon Tactical because it's easily under the 2" mark and I don't have to worry.

I've got the stingray, looks like that's the closest it gets to the body. I've decided to go with my Talon Tactical because it's easily under the 2" mark and I don't have to worry.

Scott I ran into the same issue with my DOH blade tech. It was measuring 2.25". At first I solved the problem by making my own DOH hanger from some kydex sheet. However when I tried a DAA belt instead of CRspeed I was able to go back to the Blade Tech DOH hanger because the DAA belt didn't twist as much under the weight of my X5 AR.