Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 1 Pistol Championship

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage diagrams, schedule, squadding were all sent out to everyone who is registered for the match and had a legible email address on the registration form. There were a bunch with the address missing, illegible or they just bounced. If you sent in your registration and haven't received anything, please email MD Mike McCarter directly. His email is nomikes@hotmail.com Also please check with your friends and let them know this. If they haven't received the info and they sent in a registration, something was off with their email.

Stage diagrams, schedule, squadding were all sent out to everyone who is registered for the match and had a legible email address on the registration form. There were a bunch with the address missing, illegible or they just bounced. If you sent in your registration and haven't received anything, please email MD Mike McCarter directly. His email is nomikes@hotmail.com Also please check with your friends and let them know this. If they haven't received the info and they sent in a registration, something was off with their email.

I had a friend forward his email to me with all of the info (including my squadding info, etc.), but my email address was correct in that spreadsheet so the mail must have bounced or something.

As long as I have the info I guess I will be fine... :cheers:

Hey folks-

Gonna make a mini vacation with significant other in Oregon as a by-product of this match. Can anyone with local knowledge advise on killer areas to go and see ? I have three full days after the match. Current thinking (completely reverseable):

* Head south west to Coos Bay from Albany and make our way up to Astoria, returning to Portland to fly out

* Love Spa's

* Rolling costline with dunes

* Log cabins for nite-time stays

* Low stress

* Romantic

Appreciate the thoughts,

J

Hey folks-

Gonna make a mini vacation with significant other in Oregon as a by-product of this match. Can anyone with local knowledge advise on killer areas to go and see ? I have three full days after the match. Current thinking (completely reverseable):

* Head south west to Coos Bay from Albany and make our way up to Astoria, returning to Portland to fly out

* Love Spa's

* Rolling costline with dunes

* Log cabins for nite-time stays

* Low stress

* Romantic

Appreciate the thoughts,

J

I'm not sure where 'home' is for you, so some of these may not apply.

I'll just throw a few things out there, no particular order:

Crater Lake (not sure if snow is gone yet)

Evergreen Aviation Museum (Spruce Goose)

Bend is a nice vacation spot (mountains & lakes)

Black Butte Ranch is only a few hours from Albany, spa and golf and mountains

Sisters is a small tourist town near Black Butte Ranch, lots of cabins nearby

Sun River is just past Bend, nice resort and spa

Go north & visit Mt. St. Helens, maybe farther up to Mt. Ranier and Seattle

Visit Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge (filming location for The Shining)

Jetboat ride up the rogue river from Gold Beach

Some people love the oregon coast, lots of cliffs, coves, tidal pools, and beach combing, and lighthouses

Somewhere down south coast, you can visit a sea lion cave (via elevator, I think)

Albany - Coos Bay - Astoria is a lot of driving. The coast highway is much slower than the interstate.

For a more leisurely coast road-trip, west from Albany, spend a night in Newport or Lincoln City (or better yet, Pacific City), then a night in Astoria.

Oregon coast is often colder than inland! Bring warm pants and jackets if you go.

As a late confirmation, I haven't been favored with all of the information. Could someone please let me know the round count? The stage diagrams would be interesting also if it could be easily done.

Thnx

As a late confirmation, I haven't been favored with all of the information. Could someone please let me know the round count? The stage diagrams would be interesting also if it could be easily done.

Thnx

Send me your e-mail address and I will send that information to you.

Thnx

Send me your e-mail address and I will send that information to you.

Thank you. PM'd you...Received

Edited by underlug

Ok, I think I've got everything up on the website. Stages, Squadding and Schedule. If anyone needs anything else put up, let me know. If you have a question for match staff, please contact Mike McCarter at nomikes@hotmail.com

www.uspsa1.org

NEWS FLASH....

Pretty pictures of stages have been sent to the area 1 website,

but in the mean time they are also located here:

Area 1 Stage Links Here

Usual disclaimers apply: These are conceptual pictures, the

actual stages may or may not look as shown here. Match officials

may be adding hard cover, no shoots, etc... Written stage briefings

on match day are the official briefs, and not the diagrams.

I look forward to seeing all old friends, and making new ones too.

Mike has been working his butt off on this match, it looks to be

a great one.

TimE

Edited by Tim Egan

NEWS FLASH....

Pretty pictures of stages have been sent to the area 1 website,

but in the mean time they are also located here:

Nice work!

I am looking forward to shooting the match :D

Cheers,

Allen

Ok, I think I've got everything up on the website. Stages, Squadding and Schedule. If anyone needs anything else put up, let me know. If you have a question for match staff, please contact Mike McCarter at nomikes@hotmail.com

www.uspsa1.org

I hate to try to do things this way, but, I am desperate.

I have a call in to Mike's number and several emails. I have gotten no response as to whether I am in the match or not, much less when I am shooting.

I have checked the squads posted and the master list on the website.

Please help. It is getting very late

And of course the page that everyone needs to check out is the Area 1 Sponsors. Carol McGlasson at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club did a great job of contacting sponsors this year. Although I have to say several of them contacted us wanting to help out. Gonna be a great year.

You're on Squad 45. Sat PM/Sun AM. I talked to Mike and he said he's emailed you several times with no response. Not sure where the breakdown is, but you're in.

Answered his email the next day. Couple of follow ups. Tried to avoid calling figuring he was busy. Finally did that this weekend. Thank you for your help. I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Edited by underlug

Stages are on the ground, this is going to be a great match! Thanks Tim for the cool race themed 3-d stage diagrams, they look great! I look forward to seeing you all come out to Albany, and wish you good shooting.

2011 AREA 1 Quarter Master

Finished up shooting the stages today. I have had the biggest time here in the North West with the weather, stages, and great bunch of guys I met and got to shoot with.

Mike and the great crew put some awesome stages on the ground. Unfortunately I did not do my part all the time, but If we did all the time why would we keep coming back except to see good friends.

The stages had a good mix of easy, somewhat hard and hard shooting. I had the discussion today that our National matches in the past have been so "bullet proofed" that it takes the " mix up and variety " out of the stages. Last weeks A-5 and this weeks A-1 had more variety in them than the last 4 National matches I've shot combined. Good for you Mike and Ray.

If any way possible, I'll be back to do this match at this range again.

Thanks Area-1 range crew and administration !!!!

Hopalong

Thanks Sam and all shooters who came out to shoot the match. I had fun shooting and working as CRO on Stage 7, Sonoma (the TX star stage). We saw a great bunch of shooters come through. Thanks to Mike McCarter, Jan Hase and all who put this thing together.