Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Soft case to hold AR and 52" shotgun?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of the 56" Midway bags, I liked it. I put all three guns in it. On the side I put my pistol in a gun rug and then put it in the side pocket if I had to. The shoulder straps are a nice change from what I was used to using (a separate bag for rifle and shotgun). In the other side pockets I was keeping all of the loaded mags and shell caddies in them until it was time to go to the line.

On a side note, I started keeping all that weight off of my belt until it was time to shoot. My knees have been thanking me ever since! :D

Added: of course losing weight would help too, but that is another subject.

Edited by djeffers

I've written myself a note to measure the inside of the bag with the little bump out opened.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=4556

Webpage says it can take 51", but I'll check on that.

Darren

I bought the Safariland 3 Gun Bag and am very disappointed. The material has faded bad, two zippers are broken, and the first match I had it was going to wear it on my back, but the shoulder strap broke. I should have sent it back, but didn't. I have had it for about 6 months.

It depends on how hard you are on your gear/how much you use it. I am sure you could have it destroyed with a month in the field. I've used mine to carry the guns from the safe to the car to the line and back for a year now and other than the pull tabs breaking and the center divider ripping it is still working.

It depends on how hard you are on your gear/how much you use it. I am sure you could have it destroyed with a month in the field. I've used mine to carry the guns from the safe to the car to the line and back for a year now and other than the pull tabs breaking and the center divider ripping it is still working.

That is my intended use!

• 4 weeks later...

The Midway is good for maybe 30 days of use. The VooDoo tactical is much better made and what I would recommend.

Seeing how I just bought it I hope to prove you wrong! :cheers:

I have the midway drag bag and it's been pretty good for rifle, shotgun, handgun, 6 handgun mags, a 48 round rifle mag, a coupled 30 and some tools (and sometimes some ammo). I've used it hard all year and although the zipper cords came off they have a little plastic keeper that will let ya put em back together. It's a great bag for $70! I'm actually quite surprised it's made it this far. I have some other much more expensive bags that haven't made it a full year.

• 4 weeks later...

The Midway is good for maybe 30 days of use. The VooDoo tactical is much better made and what I would recommend.

does the VooDoo tactical have a full divider for 2 rifles? the pics on the site do not look like it does. may need the 60" 50 cal bag.

does the VooDoo tactical have a full divider for 2 rifles? the pics on the site do not look like it does. may need the 60" 50 cal bag.

Just got the Voodoo Tactical 60" double drag bag from my wife for Christmas. Told her to get the 52", which is long enough for my 48" SX3 shotgun, but of course sizes don't come into play when she ordered it. Turns out I reall like it. Great quality. The divider is not quite full length, but separates the 2 guns with no problems. One thing that you can do with the bigger case is tuck the barrels in the pistol pockets in each side and it holds the guns extra secure. Excellent quality and looks like it will last forever. Lots of pockets for storage and has a removable backpack straps.

gerritm