Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun understudy (22 pistols)

Alaskapopo

How many of you guys have a tricked out 22 pistol or a 22 conversion on your open guns for cheaper practice?

I got a holster for my Ruger 22 45 from Tactical solutions.

Ruger2245.jpg

I was hoping to use this pistol as a trainer for my open gun. But as of right now the trigger was way to heavy and was slowing me down. I did find that my Browning Buckmark (bullseye model) would fit in the holster just not perfectly.

IMGP3333copy.jpg

I did a lot of shooting with my Buckmark today getting ready for a steel match this weekend in Anchorage on the 10th. I had a lot of fun. I found the times I got with my Buckmark on the drills I was doing was almost identical to my open pistol.

Caspian.jpg

I also was trying to practice some tips I had gotten from better shooters and I was working on keeping my left hand (support hand) grip tight and it worked. My times got better as I focused on maintaining a tight grip with my support hand.

Pat

Hello: If you do some reading on Rimfire Central you can reduce the trigger pull on the Buckmark to 2.5lbs without buying any parts. I like the Buckmark better than our Ruger 22/45. It just fits my hand better. I would also install a C-More to make it more like your open pistol. Thanks, Eric

I have a Buckmark that I used to help me.

THEN I got a TS upper for my handgun. THEN I got the high caps to go along with my SS mags. THEN I purchased a different top rail to mount my C-MORE.

THEN I purchased their AR upper. Crapola, I probably paid someone's salary for the year.

It was worth it.

I lot of folks around here up a Dot on their .22s. Our club will be starting .22 matches next month.

I will start focusing on Open after the SSNats. I definitely need the .22 to get acclumated to Open. I think the .22 is the only way to go for someone like me--not too bright and needs lots of work just to understand the basics. :cheers:

Hello: If you do some reading on Rimfire Central you can reduce the trigger pull on the Buckmark to 2.5lbs without buying any parts. I like the Buckmark better than our Ruger 22/45. It just fits my hand better. I would also install a C-More to make it more like your open pistol. Thanks, Eric

I am actually thinking of going the other way and getting an Aimpoint for my Open gun. I found the tube sight faster for me.

Pat

Here is my S&W Mod 41. Not much to look at, but it is a shooter and functions 100% of the time as long as I shoot CCI std. vel. lead 40 gr. round nose.

post-14994-054549800 1302579247_thumb.jp

Edited by 40S&W