Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Predator Tactical WPA section match

Hey guys, I will be moving into the Wheeling, WV area and am looking at trying to shoot this match. I have shot USPSA Limited for about a year at only local, club matches. How would this match differ in structure and how it's run? I know I have to start somewhere to get into the larger matches and this may be a good place to start. Any insights or preparation tips for a C shooter who wants to get into a bigger match?

Thank you

PM sent

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated the match blog with the hotel information: http://wpasectionchampionship.wordpress.com/hotel-info/

I hope to have the stages up on the blog by the end of the week.

If anyone is an RO and interested in working please send me an email, we will be paying hotel, lunch, and you shoot the match for free if you are here all three days. :cheers:

I see the match isn't very close to full. Is it in any danger of being canceled? I sincerely hope not, as the stages look fantastic.

No we will not cancel the match we are close enough to our break even point right now that it will go on. :cheers:

This being our first year to run a major we know it will not fill, but still wanted to keep as many slots as possible so we can see if this format will suit us for future matches. If this one goes well we would like to host a major match here each year. :cheers:

and surrender starts??? :roflol:

My shoulder is pretty good right now, and I am not shooting the match anyway, so there may be :devil:

What? You aren't shooting it? Thats a bummer. (I think)

Doesn't affect you Steve, but I'm shooting production, so it's a blessing for me! :roflol:

My shoulder is pretty good right now, and I am not shooting the match anyway, so there may be :devil:

Doesn't affect you Steve, but I'm shooting production, so it's a blessing for me! :roflol:

Yeah a couple reasons: first I don't think it too cool when a match director wins his own match (not saying I would for certain but I usually stand a good chance) second, I figure to be soo busy with 100s of small details that I'd rather be focused on taking care than trying to figure how to shoot these stages.

What? You hung up the Open gun?

Not permanently, but I'll be shooting production for the rest of this season.

Not permanently, but I'll be shooting production for the rest of this season.

Well no doubt your Open time will help your Production game. Plus you won't have to worry about turning your stinking dot on! (ask Timbo) :roflol:

Follow-up question: Why no classifier? I haven't been in this sport very long, but it seems like every match should have at least 1 classifier stage to justify that it is a USPSA match.

Mostly because most shooters want to shoot field courses not classifiers.

I have a friend with an issue.

His check for this match was cashed May 26th but his name is not available on the self squadding page and he never received his confirmation email. I only sent my check in a week or two ago and I'm already in. Should we contact you or is this something else going on?

His name is Christopher Stuart.

Thanks

I have a friend with an issue.

His check for this match was cashed May 26th but his name is not available on the self squadding page and he never received his confirmation email. I only sent my check in a week or two ago and I'm already in. Should we contact you or is this something else going on?

His name is C Stuart.

Thanks

Please have him send me an email dan at burwellguns dot com or a pm through this forum.

We'll get this fixed up :cheers: