Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armscor S&W

50GI-Jess

Just imagine for a second, if Armscor came out with a quality S&W and Ruger copy. Knowing that perhaps only 95% of gunowners know real quality from all the rest, would simply knock US production back to the stone age.

Just think about it ! Why would Mr. & Mrs. Johnson pay $ 800 for a S&W, when they could get that same model for $ 400. Just got back from my neighbors, which had gotten a Commander from ATI for $ 400. It basically had the same quality like S&A's and Colts used to have in the mid 80's. And if they can make money on that for such a low price, then just imagine what could happen to the revolver market.

The ones who don't know leave them as is, and us who knows...modify or customize them anyways before they see any serious use anyhow.

Just a "scary" thought.

Jess Christensen

Ok, allow me to rephrase some, so we're on the same page here. Im' talking about a gun that works. 99 % of users are content with their gun purchases, and then there's us, who knows how it's supposed to be.

Even PC's out of the box need's about $ 2-400 more work in oder to work + sight's and grips. Imagine if you could have all this including the gun for about $600 or so. OK it's humans chained to a steel table in a sweat shop, but that wouldn't differ much from Wal-Mart products.

Just saying, Jess Christensen

I understand your point.

The "k" frame sized Armscor .38 specials run under $300 around here. I would put them in the "truck gun" catagory. This is based on finish and trigger pull. I have not bought one and have no idea what the innards look like and if they can be slicked up.

Go to Armscors website and look at the plant pictures. Looks pretty high speed.

Dave

Honestly, I'd rather see something in the other direction. I'd like to see a company build a 4" K-frame already set up for competition -- a good trigger job (not "needs crushed Federal primers" level, but just shy of that), bobbed hammer, chamfered cylinder, grips without any finger grooves, target quality rear sight (like the Apex drop-in), interchangeable front sight, and no stupid internal lock.

I'd pay good money for that. Of course, only me and 12 others would, so it wouldn't be a feasible business model...

Jess, I hear ya.

The Filipinos are capable of making excellent guns. Awhile back I started a forum thread (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96673&st=25&p=1117480&hl=american%20classic&fromsearch=1entry1117480) on my American Classic .45 1911, which I swear is every bit as nice as any Colt I've ever owned out of the box.

And to think I only paid $329 for the thing!

The patents on the S&W Hand Ejector have long since expired. I'm surprised somebody hasn't done a true good knock-off already.

Edited by Carmoney

The more the merrier! I doubt this will hurt anyone too much. And if it does, it's just market forces at work. When Japanese cars first hit our shores they were cheap little pieces of junk that people bought because they were cheap. They did the same thing as a new Cadillac but were a lot less dinero. Now brands like Lexus are wonderful. My hope is that these cheap guns will bring more people to shooting and more people to our sports. And maybe the competition will force everyone to step up their game

The more the merrier! ... And maybe the competition will force everyone to step up their game

Amen!

This would be even better if they did a custom shop straight from the gate. Can't imagine what it would be like to have a brand new no lock 8 shot 357 or a 5" 45 acp. I'd like to see the internal hammer model in large frame again.

The more the merrier! I doubt this will hurt anyone too much. And if it does, it's just market forces at work. When Japanese cars first hit our shores they were cheap little pieces of junk that people bought because they were cheap. They did the same thing as a new Cadillac but were a lot less dinero. Now brands like Lexus are wonderful. My hope is that these cheap guns will bring more people to shooting and more people to our sports. And maybe the competition will force everyone to step up their game

Lost a girlfriend one time over my Datsun 120A