Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Special Revolver Episode - PowerFactor Show

robot

I posted this over at our thread in the Gallery, but this was such a special & unique episode that I thought I'd post it again here. Hope that's ok. please feel free to comment!

http://www.powerfactorshow.com/2011/03/13/episode-14-gun-selection-revolvers/

Cool, thanks.

FYI - I tried to download it from iTunes last night but it said it was a format that iTunes would not recognize.....

Thanks, I enjoyed the video. I would have liked it if you had had him demonstrate the reload more fully with speedloaders -- how to line up the rounds correctly, how to ensure the rounds don't hang up in the speedloader (yea, I know, I have to cut mine down) and how to discard the speedloaders.

I realize, though, that you were trying to give more of an overview, rather than in depth into a particular subject.

Edited by M1911

Much thanks. Nice show, and I especially appreciate anything revolver-centric.

please feel free to comment!

While he doesn't come right out and say it, at the 7:50 mark Rick might imply (through his body language, inflections, and lack of acknowledging the strong side option) that the third speedloader must be worn on the weak side. That's not correct as I read the rule addendum in conjunction with the rule book. The third speedloacer may still be placed on either side.

I'm guessing since Rick is a lefty that his third is preferred on his weak side and that he doesn't do so because he thinks it's required to be there.

Anyway, it was something that stood out to me while watching the episode.

Nicely done show.

Edited by gr7070

Thanks guys! there's a problem with our current hosting company Bluehost, they're trying to resolve the problem now. Hopefully they will fix it in a few hours.

for now, the best way to watch the show is via youtube.

@M1911 good point on the more indepth view of the actual technique, with closer and more clearer. We will definitely look into doing that next time.

M1911 good point on the more in depth view of the actual technique, with closer and more clearer. We will definitely look into doing that next time.

That would be great. I've been shooting IDPA for a while, but just switched to SSR this winter, and (no surprise), I'm still struggling with my reloads. So a slow-motion breakdown of couple options for SSR reloads would be greatly appreciated.

just switched to SSR this winter, and (no surprise), I'm still struggling with my reloads. So a slow-motion breakdown of couple options for SSR reloads would be greatly appreciated.

They're not slow-mo, but they might help anyway. Maybe hit the pause button now & again. Use the search tool, too: There several speedloader threads on this subforum that are very helpful.

Tom

Strong hand SSR reload:

Yours Truly

Weak hand SSR reloads:

Bill

Bubber:

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/104288768#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_P

While he doesn't come right out and say it, at the 7:50 mark Rick might imply (through his body language, inflections, and lack of acknowledging the strong side option) that the third speedloader must be worn on the weak side. That's not correct as I read the rule addendum in conjunction with the rule book. The third speedloacer may still be placed on either side.

I'm guessing since Rick is a lefty that his third is preferred on his weak side and that he doesn't do so because he thinks it's required to be there.

The sentence in which I described the locations for reloads was not especially well structured. I said a third reload could be behind the hip on the weak side, but, of course, it could also be behind the hip on the strong side. All three could be on the weak side. A third belt-mounted reload has to be behind the body centerline, regardless of side, if there are two reloads immediately in front of the holster. I actually carry my third reload in a strong-side pocket.

They're not slow-mo, but they might help anyway. Maybe hit the pause button now & again. Use the search tool, too: There several speedloader threads on this subforum that are very helpful.

Tom

[

Tom,

When exactly does slow come into play during your revolver game? I need to know so that I can make my part faster... :roflol: You are truly a nice guy to shoot with and very sharing of your knowledge and skills. Rock on!

The sentence in which I described the locations for reloads was not especially well structured. I said a third reload could be behind the hip on the weak side, but, of course, it could also be behind the hip on the strong side. All three could be on the weak side. A third belt-mounted reload has to be behind the body centerline, regardless of side, if there are two reloads immediately in front of the holster. I actually carry my third reload in a strong-side pocket.

Straight up and with all due respect your tone came off as an authority stating that the rules allowed two in front of the holster and you mentioned the spacing and then you went on to state that the rules allowed another on the weakside behind the hip:

"This is my enhanced service revolver rig for IDPA. Uhh, the rules allow two clip holders uhh on the strong side of the body. One that sits an inch away from the holster and the other an inch away from the first one and you're also allowed a third one that can be on uhh behind the hip on the weak side for a total of three reloads."

I included the uhh's to keep the quotation precisely verbatim, not to be malicious.

You then segued back to USPSA referring to having a belt full of clip holders. There was no mention of the other option, under the rules, to carry a third behind the holster or all three on the weak side. You may have had knowledge of this option, but your tone coupled with your failure to mention it came across as though it did not exist. The three behind the centerline were mentioned by Mr. Giddings with the use of the :cheers: NORTH MOUNTAIN IDPA MOONCLIP HOLDERS :cheers: a minute later.

I do enjoy your efforts in your show and understand that we all make mistakes. Believe me I've got you covered by tenfold. Please be more careful on your facts as you are reaching an impressionable audience and it affects credibility. I'm just some doofus out to make people laugh at matches. I appologize if you take offense to any of this, I am merely demonstrating that we ARE paying attention.

Thanks for the clarification Rick. And thanks for the great podcasts. Keep the revolver content coming!!

Tom

[

Tom,

When exactly does slow come into play during your revolver game? I need to know so that I can make my part faster... :roflol: You are truly a nice guy to shoot with and very sharing of your knowledge and skills. Rock on!

Straight up and with all due respect your tone came off as an authority stating that the rules allowed two in front of the holster and you mentioned the spacing and then you went on to state that the rules allowed another on the weakside behind the hip:

"This is my enhanced service revolver rig for IDPA. Uhh, the rules allow two clip holders uhh on the strong side of the body. One that sits an inch away from the holster and the other an inch away from the first one and you're also allowed a third one that can be on uhh behind the hip on the weak side for a total of three reloads."

I included the uhh's to keep the quotation precisely verbatim, not to be malicious.

You then segued back to USPSA referring to having a belt full of clip holders. There was no mention of the other option, under the rules, to carry a third behind the holster or all three on the weak side. You may have had knowledge of this option, but your tone coupled with your failure to mention it came across as though it did not exist. The three behind the centerline were mentioned by Mr. Giddings with the use of the :cheers: NORTH MOUNTAIN IDPA MOONCLIP HOLDERS :cheers: a minute later.

I do enjoy your efforts in your show and understand that we all make mistakes. Believe me I've got you covered by tenfold. Please be more careful on your facts as you are reaching an impressionable audience and it affects credibility. I'm just some doofus out to make people laugh at matches. I appologize if you take offense to any of this, I am merely demonstrating that we ARE paying attention.

I'm not offended, and don't deny that you quoted me with absolute accuracy (wasn't there a "like" in there, somewhere?). You are correct that I did not mention other options, and I'm sure I've been as guilty of not exploring every possible option when discussing various topics; that's why we invite comments and questions at the end of every episode (and have provided links to the rulebooks online). That said, the information in the quote is accurate; if you have two reloads on the strong side, you can have a third on the weak side, and a total of three reloads is allowed. I could have been more complete, emphasizing "behind the hip" rather than "weak side", and it would have taken only an additional ten seconds to do so. Thanks for watching, and thanks for the feedback.

It's tough to cover all of the options when talking about a particular division. I find this escpecially true with divisions I am not especially familiar with or have not competed in recently. You guys truly rock for taking the time to cover the revolver divisions as they are most often glossed over by MD's in all disciplines. Thanks also for taking the time to cover the multiple manufacturers of accessories and equipment. I found this to be most unbiased and informational.

I appologize for any excluded likes...mistakes made covered tenfold. :P

M1911 good point on the more in depth view of the actual technique, with closer and more clearer. We will definitely look into doing that next time.

That would be great. I've been shooting IDPA for a while, but just switched to SSR this winter, and (no surprise), I'm still struggling with my reloads. So a slow-motion breakdown of couple options for SSR reloads would be greatly appreciated.

M1911, try this one, if it works. I took my old video and slowed it dwown to 1/4th speed.

http://www.myspace.com/video/rid/109775822

Thank link isn't working for me. Says the video is unavailable.

Yea, I hate that when it happens. It is a My space thing. <_< oh well. later rdd