Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlanta Arms & Ammo

user293

ok, so i tried searching for some results, but couldnt find a definite answer to my question, which is basically how is this stuff out of major open guns? ive heard of people almost not making major with it, but overall whats the story, as far as open major gun in super or supercomp? thanks!

oh and if someone wants to toss up some pics of groups, or vids of them running the ammo that would be sweet too.

I just bought a Tanfoglio Match in 9mm and took it to the range to test it with 7 different ammos. WWB, Fed, Blazer, AA 115 TCJ, AA 147 FMJ, AA 115 FMJ MATCH AMU, and AA 147gr FMJ G. The best groups was with AA 115 FMJ MATCH AMU (gee what a surprise) which gave me an avg of 1" groups at 25 yds using sand bags. The second best was the AA 147 FMJ G which were runing around 1.5"-2".

I just bought a Tanfoglio Match in 9mm and took it to the range to test it with 7 different ammos. WWB, Fed, Blazer, AA 115 TCJ, AA 147 FMJ, AA 115 FMJ MATCH AMU, and AA 147gr FMJ G. The best groups was with AA 115 FMJ MATCH AMU (gee what a surprise) which gave me an avg of 1" groups at 25 yds using sand bags. The second best was the AA 147 FMJ G which were runing around 1.5"-2".

Awesome information! Did you chrono the loads too? Thanks

The last time I used it was several years back. It was too hot for me. Out of a shorty with 4 poppleholes, it was around 174 PF and violent (compared to my reloads I shot at 168-169 PF.) No idea if they've changed things since then.

If you still have some of the Atlanta Arms stuff I would love to know what OAL thay are using as well.

Thanks,

115 AMU is OAL 1.14, 147 G is 1.16. Do not have a chrono.

Why are you posting info about AA&A 9mm ammo in a .38 Supercomp thread?

AA&A .38SC was 1.235" when I measured it.

Edited by G-ManBart

I have only heard good things about it from the people that use it, but I personally witnessed a squadmate at the nationals in Tulsa (the second year) barely make major at the chrono. (Added-- I am pretty sure he was shooting supercomp)

Robert

L2723

Edited by rma_38sup

If you still have some of the Atlanta Arms stuff I would love to know what OAL thay are using as well.

Thanks,

115 AMU is OAL 1.14, 147 G is 1.16. Do not have a chrono.

Why are you posting info about AA&A 9mm ammo in a .38 Supercomp thread?

AA&A .38SC was 1.235" when I measured it.

My original post was a bit off topic as I mentioned I had a 9mm. Sorry for any confusion.