Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upcoming Area 5 Match

Downrange58

I have a friend who asked me to ask this question as he hasn't joined B.E yet. He has 4 USPSA matches under his belt and he lives near where the match will be held.

Would he be welcome? Would he be lost? If he enjoys the local matches, would he enjoy the big match?

Your thoughts are appreciated!

The range where Area 5 is going to be held at (PASA) is holding a classifier match on Sunday March 20th.

There are other regularly scheduled matches in the (more central Illinois) area that I can help direct him to. Shoot me a PM if interested.

PASA monthly club match is Sunday March 20

Six classifier stages cost $15.00

Registration will start at 8:15, shooting about 9

Great opportunity to get classified in a new division!

Edited by furyalecto

If there's a major match anywhere near you, you really should shoot it, even if you think of it purely as a training exercise. Don't miss the opportunity to shoot with and watch the best shooters in the country/world, shoot more challenging stages, work with top notch ROs, and expand your circle of shooting buddies beyond the local club.

There's more to shooting than winning, and it'd be a shame to have that much fun just down the road and not be part of it.

FWIW, I'm living proof you can tank a major match (or two, I'm cursed at one particular sectional) and still live to shoot another day.

I am new to USPSA and I've only been competing in IDPA for about a year. I'm considering going to Area 5 just for the experience.

Go for it. There are more shooters and more noise........it's just a bigger match if you are getting started. My son shot the nationals when he was 9 years old with an area 6 and state match under his belt...and didn't come in last. You will have fun and be much more prepared for the next one. :cheers: edit:spelling

Edited by proff

Absolutely do it! IMO, Major matches have a different feel altogether ( that's a good thing ). The way they are run, the people shooting, the RO's and match staff...its a great experience. And as long as you are safe, no one is going to care how good/bad you shoot.

I am new to USPSA and I've only been competing in IDPA for about a year. I'm considering going to Area 5 just for the experience.

Go for it. There are more shooters and more noise........it's just a bigger match if you are getting started. My son shot the nationals when he was 9 years old with an area 6 and state match under his belt...and didn't come in last. You will have fun and be much more prepared for the next one. :cheers: edit:spelling

I think I was on the same squad. Your son did great, and seeing the example you set I'm not surprised. Rooting for him is one of the fun things I will remember from that match long after the other details are forgotten.

• 3 weeks later...

Area 5 was my first ever big match outside of my local club, and my first ever outdoor match. I only had 7~8 months of shooting experience in any kind of firearm at the time. I had a blast and learned so much from many experienced competitors in a single day. It may be your most memorable experience ever. Don't miss it.