Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Family Screws You

paraman1

Had my brother and sister screw me three years ago.Haven't spoken with either since then. They say I should forgive and forget. According to my sister that's what family does. I asked her if she meant forgive and forget or screw each other. No answer.

Pat

I say this full well knowing the expected response. I have no living relatives, and I am now better off for it. My wife, my step-daughter and my grand daughter is it. You can pick friends, can't pick family.

They say I should forgive and forget. According to my sister that's what family does. I asked her if she meant forgive and forget or screw each other. No answer.

Pat

I think there is a line that someone can cross when you never can return. Family should never put you in such a position.

It still remains my belief that Love is earned and not a given.

I had my last uncle die a week ago Sunday. He was 91 years old and lived in Sun City West. He tried to tell me my mother "owed him" $7,000.00 when she died in 1984. My mother never owed anyone a dime in her life. What he failed to tell me was the time he tried to borrow $10,000.00 from her to help finance his retirement back in the very early 80's before he moved out to Arizona. We never spoke again after her death. In his obituary my name was never mentioned. Relatives are like dead fish. After 3 days you have to get rid of them because they start to stink. Bill T.

Edited by Bill T

Several years ago when my mom passed away my aunt pulled some strings to buy our house for what was left on the loan so we could "keep it in the family". 6 months later she sold it for a hefty profit. We haven't talked since....

All you can do is move forward :angry2:

Sorry about your situation, but that's a pretty sad general statement.

Sad yes, but however unfortunate, true. I've heard too many troublesome stories when it comes to money and relatives. Much like oil and water, the 2 don't mix very well regardless of how hard you try. They will separate on their own every single time. Bill T.

my X,X BIL tried to strangle me in the middle of a Sears store at the mall about six months after my sister's death.

believe me when I say this, never ever become a trustee/executor/power of attorney of an estate.

after that incident which was on a Saturday, they were up at the county courthouse trying to get an OP/restraining order against me first thing Monday morning...and thanks to the Lautenburg "amendment" we all know what happens to your gun rights when those restraining orders are granted.

luckily, I got a lawyer in the nick of time to represent me at the "hearing". of course, by X,x BIL's new wife was there spouting off crap to the judge that made her sound bat-poop crazy, so the judge didn't grant the OP.

oh, yeah, I forgot to mention had the attempted strangling happened at a mall in Missouri with their CCW laws and castle doctrine, my X, X BIL could very well be dead right now. and who knows...I might be in prison.