Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a belt for shell caddies

JMIS

I want to get a belt just for shotgun matches. I want to keep all my shell caddies in front like a 9 - 3 set up. Do you guys just spin your belts around that the buckle is in the back or do you know of belt designed for shell caddies?

:cheers:

I use a "tool belt" from Home Depot. It was around $10-$15. I run the buckle in the back. It allows for quick on and off, and I do not have to mess with my pistol belt set up.

I like that price :cheers:

I use a CR Speed belt. With the extra weight of the shotgun shells I find I need the most velcro contact possible. I know it sounds obsessive but I find if I thread the inner belt clockwise around me and have the tapered end stop right before my right hip, my handgun holster is mounted more solidly then when I don't. It helps eliminate the small gap I had before. The outer belt goes on counter-clockwise and backwards facing. I find the Man Mountain Engineering Caddy belt loops cover a minimal amount of velcro so I still get good adhesion without having to tape more velcro over anything like a TekLok. Also, as I am kinda thin and have very little real estate on my belt the MME are the thinnest ones I have found allowing me to get six caddies in front without moving my mag pouches and holster to a new position. If I use a .223 mag pouch it goes rear left where my closure strap is. The grout line is a reference for where my hipbones would be. I tried more beer but it just gave me an overhang instead of more belt space :cheers:

belt.jpg

I use a USGI surplus nylon web belt with the buckle in the back. You can get them for about $5 at surplus stores. I need to talk to Redneck Tactical and see if they will start selling them. :roflol:

Edited by Bryan 45

CR Speed Belt with 6 4 round shell caddies on Tek Locks,

I've added hook velcro to the backs of the tek-locks and even with 24 slugs it is a solid fit.

Inner belt closes in front and outer belt closses in the back so I can run caddies in front.

look at Ralphs new belt keepers in cool colors to keep it all together (Arredondo in the vendor area)

just my two cents