Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is grip tape legal for production

JMIS

i use rubbing alcohol. let that dry then as your applying the grip tape use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat the tape and grip as you apply it. it makes the tape go on smoother and heating the sticky glue up helps it to adhear after it cools.

i use rubbing alcohol. let that dry then as your applying the grip tape use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat the tape and grip as you apply it. it makes the tape go on smoother and heating the sticky glue up helps it to adhear after it cools.

That's how my buddy did it. It looks good :cheers:

I went to Lowes and bought "Shurtape Outdoor Tread Tape". It's pretty rough. When you pick it up in the store, you may even say "too rough for me". I know I did. I bought it anyway. When I applied it, I was still worried it was going to rough up my hands. I've used it in two local matches, and a pretty long live practice session, and it's not too rough at all. I love it.

And...it stays put! I took everything off of the grips, sprayed it down with Synthetic Gun Scrubber, made sure they were good and clean. Then I hit the grips with Windex for extra cleaning. Dried them off, applied the Tread Tape, that stuff isn't budging at all.

Best