Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

speed holster!

Rosshooting

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it fit with the supplied inserts or if he had to modify it but I saw a guy with a 226 in a Rescomp CR-Speed holster. It was the model "A", not sure if the newer one fits or not. I'll try to get by my dads and check this week, he's way into Sigs.

Alan

I searched about 5 years ago for a 226 race holster and could not find anything. Try a dropped & offset from www.blade-tech.com. I have pulled many a sub .9 draw with a 226 out of one of those.

What about that Gilmore you have?

I'm with David, a Bladetech is a fast as anything else, though it might not look as fast. BTW Is you want to be fast with your 226, send it to Bruce Gray and it will make a lot more difference than a "fast" looking holster. His work on Sigs will knock your socks off. A much better use for your $100.

seconded... i shot a match with a 226 in my CR speed rig , the fitting is a bit fiddly but the result is good enough. it may help to have some spare non-standard shims for the trigger lock and the muzzle cap is not as good as the arrendondo plug.

j

I am new to this forum as well as shooting in general. I bought a CZ-75B this January and have been shooting targets now for about 3 months and I am considering getting into the Production Level IPSC at my local range. My question is this: what would be a good Production Level Holster and Mag holders? I was looking at the BladeTech and they do make one for my gun, but I heard that that type of material will mess up a guns finish. Is this true and if so, are there anyother good holsters out there. I would like one that will "lock" onto a belt. Sorry if I misused any terms, but again, I am new to this world of fun. I have had a blast since I started and want to do so much more. Thank you.

Bing congratulations on choosing the finest combat handgun in the world. First off the poly coat on a CZ is pretty tough, but any production division holster will wear the finish, I started in production and transitioned to limited. I used a Fobus Kydex and my pistol shows more abuse marks than it does holster wear. I tend to treat them like a tool. I think any of the kydex holsters, and mag holders will serve you well. A wealth of info is available at the CZ forum, link below.

CZ forums

Czechnologically Superior,

Alan

The one I used was a paddle holster, at the time it fit both the beretta and the CZ. Now Fobus offers a holster specifically for the CZ. It is available in a belt model, but I have neither used nor seen one. I was very satisfied with the holster, but decided to shoot limited because of the 10rnd mag limit in production. On their site you can also find mag holders.

Fobus CZ holster

Alan