Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

930 vs FN SLP test

Nuke8401

Interesting. I wonder if they used the correct gas piston for the FN.

I have about 1,000 rounds of cheap Winchester 7 1/2 shot through mine, along with a lot of other ammo without a single malfunction. :roflol:

Maybe I just got lucky :cheers:

I have about 1,000 rounds of cheap Winchester 7 1/2 shot through mine, along with a lot of other ammo without a single malfunction. :roflol:

The author has stated on other forums that the light piston was indeed used on the FN.

It is an interesting test sample, but hardly proves anything. Only one sample of each shotgun was used, using 6 different shooters, and unknown break-in procedures all lead to some room for error. I own both shotguns and both are very reliable!

You didn't get lucky....my FN has NEVER choked due to light ammo, and I've shot it for a full season now

Edited by GorillaTactical

A friends FN was subject to jamming, and we rounded off the face of the chamber, (credit goes to 00bullit) :cheers: , and he has not had an issue since.

My personal FN has jammed exactly ONE TIME, during the first 25 rounds out of the gun (winchester bulk). I have sice ran something like 800 rounds of federal bulk with no issues at all.

A friends FN was subject to jamming, and we rounded off the face of the chamber, (credit goes to 00bullit) :cheers: , and he has not had an issue since.

My personal FN has jammed exactly ONE TIME, during the first 25 rounds out of the gun (winchester bulk). I have sice ran something like 800 rounds of federal bulk with no issues at all.

Same here. Especially after I had the lifter welded, I would have an occasional misfeed. Throating the chamber ended that.

I have very little regard for published tests of guns where they start with "lightly used" as my local pawn shop is full of problem guns due to guns not assembled correctly by the customer. And those cheapie loads from Rembington make the Walmart Winchester loads look like premium ammo.

Didn't anyone notice the team's name? :rolleyes:

Somethingawful.com is a nerdy humor site with a large message board. There is a sub-forum called The Firing Range devoted to guns. The Awful Shooting Squad was formed for the Tiger Valley Team match in 2010. Out of all the guns forums on the internet, they fielded 3 teams at the most physically demanding environmentally brutal competition in the country. Their 3 teams were last, but at least they showed up.

Since then, they've gotten a lot more serious about competition and regular participate in matches on the east coast.