Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PS3 vs. XBox 360

MrBojangles45 is my tag on Xbox.

I'll add a few guys when I get a chance.

As for the RRoD, yeah it happens. A lot. I'm on my 6th Xbox. No exaggeration. Although I started with the relatively early generation 360's and my first 3 were done in the period of one year.

They stopped fixing it for free a while back, but somehow I always get a replacement after I tell them my history with it. At this point the Conversation with MicroSoft goes like this:

MS: Xbox customer support, how can I assist you?

Me: Hey, it's Will.

MS: Hey, Will. We'll send the shipping box and label this afternoon.

Me: Cool, thanks. How are the kids?

I ended up with both systems (thanks to GTA.) I don't play online games, so I can't offer an opinion on that. When it came to hooking both up to my audio/video system, I found the PS3 far superior.

The PS3 had HMDI video & digital audo output capabilities.

The XBox had very limited options. I don't remember the details, but I was able to get HDMI video and stereo audio by busting apart my cable. Maybe things have changed since I bought mine 18 months ago.

I ended up with both systems (thanks to GTA.) I don't play online games, so I can't offer an opinion on that. When it came to hooking both up to my audio/video system, I found the PS3 far superior.

The PS3 had HMDI video & digital audo output capabilities.

The XBox had very limited options. I don't remember the details, but I was able to get HDMI video and stereo audio by busting apart my cable. Maybe things have changed since I bought mine 18 months ago.

The Xbox has an HDMI output. Just go get a cheap HDMI cable and there you have it.

Either system will not be good playing games wirelessly. You will have lag which is not good on fps. Also if you have kids the xbox is more family oriented. Where as the ps3 is more for adults. And free to play online. Its free cause ps3 is a better company and not for the fact that no one is on, unless you think 638000 is not alot of people , because that's how many were playing blackops on ps3 last night. Microsoft controls enough as it is...and who doesn't want a free blu ray player...lol

I do not agree with this at all. I play through the wireless connection on my xbox all the time, as well as most of my friends. No issues at all. The only time I heard of an issue is when someone didn't have their networked locked and the neighborhood was using their network. The PS3 network is almost unsupported as I understand it, from users, and cheating is more rampant.

Microsft is the devil, I will agree to that. A free bulray player is not the reason to get the gaming console, but more games and better online play are. New blu-Ray players are not that expensive.

And 600k is not that many when 1.8 million were online when I was playing black ops Sunday. All about the xbox here.

Either system will not be good playing games wirelessly. You will have lag which is not good on fps. Also if you have kids the xbox is more family oriented. Where as the ps3 is more for adults. And free to play online. Its free cause ps3 is a better company and not for the fact that no one is on, unless you think 638000 is not alot of people , because that's how many were playing blackops on ps3 last night. Microsoft controls enough as it is...and who doesn't want a free blu ray player...lol

I do not agree with this at all. I play through the wireless connection on my xbox all the time, as well as most of my friends. No issues at all. The only time I heard of an issue is when someone didn't have their networked locked and the neighborhood was using their network. The PS3 network is almost unsupported as I understand it, from users, and cheating is more rampant.

Microsft is the devil, I will agree to that. A free bulray player is not the reason to get the gaming console, but more games and better online play are. New blu-Ray players are not that expensive.

And 600k is not that many when 1.8 million were online when I was playing black ops Sunday. All about the xbox here.

Yes with 1 million being small children. Nothing wrong with the" free" playstation network that iv seen. Id hate to have to pay to play online like xbox makes you

Hey guys, they are both great systems with their own advantages. Considering that this is a forum of adults, I don't think a 60 dollar a year fee to play online is all that much. I try to play with folks that I know and are familiar with myself. Since the majority of them are on the Xbox 360, I see nothing wrong with using the system to play online versus the PS3 for the exclusive games I love.

Anyways, like my name here, I'm on the Xbox 360/PS3 (any just about anything) as "gamingoddess". I'm looking forward to getting Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3 version) myself which should be arriving in two or so weeks.

I'm sure things have changed since I bought my hardware, but for an all around device the PS3 won hands down. The PS3 had the following, which the XBox didn't: Built in Wireless, BluRay, Hi Def Video/Audio. The latest hardware has probably addressed these shortcomings, but for the stuff I've bought that's sitting in my living room, the PS3 is a much nicer system. I never would have bought an XBox if Rockstar wouldn't have switched their allegiance.

There are a bunch of reasons, but I am a fan of Xbox. I have a droid, which is compatible over the network with my xbox. I like the games more, fable, gears of war, HALO :cheers: all xbox exclusive. Xbox Live FPS's are MUCH more competitive than PS3 online. Faster networking (n vs g, as was already stated a few times). More people play xbox than ps3, which is probably why its more competitive. The only thing that xbox doesnt have is an integrated blu-ray player. It does have physically manageable memory as well, up to 250gb of hdd storage. And $60/year isnt even worth mentioning when looking at all the advantages.

Also, kinect is rad. I've got one, and its lightyears ahead of any other motion sensor gaming technology.

As far as RROD, it hardly ever happens with newer xboxs, but towel trick it and you are usually good to go at least for about 6months, then swap it back out.

Hit me up on Xbox Live, Gamertag is: xBattleMechx

happy gaming :D

Edited by little_kahuna