Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

joedodge's range diary

joedodge

Still training trying to get tuned up for the state match in november. still training and practicing my biggest goal is to start just shooting and letting go not worrying about results. Its working well ive learned I can only shoot to my potential and just have to work to raise my potential.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great match last night I saw my sights and moved very well. I had one stage that a popper at 15 yards rattled me though i kept jerking the trigger and pulling left its ok though. Our stages were very good for a Tuesday night fun match. I finished low in the pack do to a scoring error I didnt a engage a tripple drop turner they were NPM but someone wrote them down as mikes so when the scores got done i got docked the points oh well its just a local fun match.

Rained out match tonight. Hitting the gym hard working with a shooting buddy and good friend whos a personall trainer, trying to lean out and be faster and stronger worked on dry fire some draws and reloads and trigger pull.

Had a great match for not shooting in a few weks or so. I tried to tighten up my splits a little and was greatly suprised at the results had excelent hits tried to shoot on the move all that i could held my own at 2nd place 76% in production. against a really great b shooter.

Had a good match finished 10 overall out of 34 and 3 out of 13 in production. Stages had good movement to shooting ratio. I learned about front sight focus though we had a stage with three lolli pop plates and one with a shroud around it that you had to hit the plate i missed the two free standing plates first time but got the shrouded plate i think it forced me to focus harder i may try practicing this way.

Going to try the all black front sight again on tuesday been dry firing with it and like it alot might have to put a little chalk or white out on the top edge for in our dark bays. going to work on cuting movement out of the stages and shooting a strong match working towards b class and winning c class at the state match.

Had a ok match last night i shot a litle faster than im comfortable with usually i was pretty choppy.shot the match with 1 mike but the speed made my hits a little sloppy i saw the sights well and my speed was good just have to figure out how to catch up with the speed. finished 10 out of 30 overall and 3 out of 15 in production i expected a 3rd place finish i didnt think id have enough to beat the other 2 guys who were ahead of me maybe next time

Dry fired tonight practiced my index drawing with my eyes closed and when i open them the gun being mounted correctly sights aligned. Also worked on reloads trigger squeez and transitions from short to longer distance. Went well also tried keeping my sites aligned while walking on a tread mill. I found I had to keep my knees bent and stay lower to keep a steady pace.

Great match tonight I let it al hang and left nothing on the table pushed myself to the limit, I had 1 mike and my reloads were a bit sloppy. I shot as fast as I could see it was amazing I was 8 out of 27 and i won production out of 12 shooters beating the b shooters. I focused on the front sith and my grip and just didnt think about anything but each shot 1 at a time. Gearing up for the state match november 5-6

good dry fire tonight worked on smooth movement in and out of shooting positions and smoothing out my reloads after last nights match. I found I wasn't truly seeing the mag into the gun. Really trying to work on seeing the sights while moving also no more stationary shooting if I can be moving

Level 1 class complete have a to send in my test. Match results up from friday i was 9 out of 45 shooters and won production. It felt so much better than that though very strange. Ill have to step it up a little more I guess

Had a rough match tonight had 4 mikes one stage was carrying a barrel in your weakhand so the stage was all strong hand only i had 2 mikes and then on another stage a 15 yard no shoot scared me and i threw 2 mikes I know im better than that and its got ma little beat up i have alot going on and had alot on my mind focusing was hard at this match.

Wound up 4 out of 12 in production at 88% not bad but i shouldhave been better. I destinctly remember seeing the sights when i pulled a mike which is good. Gonna chrono some ammo and do live fire practice in an hr or so.

Great practice chronod a new load 132pf spot on for state match. worked on a tighter grip and shorter splits very impressed that shooting faster was more accurate. and shot a steel plate worked on some transitions was a great 2 hours.

Probably wont get to shoot tommorow night bad weather coming. Cleaned my xd tonight and did a little dry fire but just focused on inspecting and maintaining my equipment getting to know it a little better. Hopefully saturday ill get to shoot some plates in the afternoon.

dry fired tonight worked on unloaded table starts I'm pretty slow at them and we have a few in the state match in 2 weeks also a lot of plates in that match I practiced sight alignments with paper plates in the house tonight still planning to shoot real plates Saturday afternoon

shot our Friday fun match I attachments first stage to hard didn't see my sights on the two poppers and was skidding into position from a good sprint rough stage next 2 stages I owned tightening support hand grip made a huge difference and I shot faster than normal and had good hits my reloads were smith as ever it was a good night for learning and experimenting gonna shoot some plates tomorrow

ended up 4 out of 36 overall and 2nd in production. I shot some 8 inch plates after my ro duty I adjusted the zero of my xd from 6 o'clock to covering the center of the plate much more affective for our game. Practice was good I saw the sights and found a good rhythm 2 more practice matches before the state match I just have to go into it thinking if I shoot as fast as I can see it will be fast enough and to run the stages my way at my pace and not get ahead of myself

same as last week lol 6 out of 36 and 2 out of 16 in production. I shot my brand new prp xd9 tactical that I just got back from Daniel it was amazing terrific trigger and accuracy. I saw the sights the reloads were smooth it was a fun match it was also my first time being match director it was a good experience.

Thanks for running the match last night! Without guys like you, we cannot run this many matches every month at the club.

As to your practice plan, lets drink a couple beers and discuss soon. Having watched you shoot a lot, I have some suggestions that may help...

had a crummy practice tonight I shouldn't have gone I was tired from work and couldn't focus. I shot metric targets and 8 and 6 inch plates at 20 yards. I adjusted my zero a little bit my dad shot the gun and it was zeros dead on it was me not focusing I was fighting the information got a total of 250 Rds through the new gun though. I'll shoot Tuesday and then its off to the state match in titusville Friday.