Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

joedodge's range diary

joedodge

Got my gun back from springfield in just 4 days. Amazing turn around the new barrel drives tacks its so accurate. Need to shorten my ammo a lil the chamber is a bit shorter in this barrel. I shot friday won production and was 2nd overall had a great match it was great to have my gun back.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shortened the OAL of my ammo and it chambered and unchambered flawless. I won production out of 15 shooters and was 5 out of 32 overall. Everything was smooth i attacked the stages and gamed them great, i drove the gun hard and worked the trigger and had all my hits and tried to shoot on the move as much as possible.

Our sunday match got rained out florida weather is so unpredictable this time of the year. Im hoping to make it out friday if weather permitts. Im gonna try to step up my game and attack the stages a little harder. Im realy trying to make B class. I didnt make tonights match so im getting the itch bad lol. Ive been dry firing every other night about 30 minutes im gonna try and do a little live fire pactice one night this week.

Did some live fire practice with a buddy tonight. Tried working on my splits and controled pairs. and shoting on the move. I saw how fast i can and cant shoot it was a good learning lesson gonna realy step on the gas in our match on friday.

Steped on the *thumb rest [generic]* to hard in our friday 3 stage match. shooting on the move i did great but on our tight shots at distance i wasnt focused i pulled shots to the left and had 2 mikes on a zebra at 15 yards. And had a mike no shoot, im going to slow up a bit tuesday and make my hits.

Shot our tuesday night fun match was 9 out of 25 and 2 out of 10 in production shot a great match only had one stage i wasnt happy with. I shot some video of my self everything looked good except the way im attacking the stages i can tell i have more power to use im kinda tip toeing around it seems like.

Shot some at a local indoor range with some buddys last night. I shot groups with my xd and it realy seemed to help with being one with the gun lol. Really worked on my squeez. Im shooting our local friday night match tommorow.

Had a ok Friday night match. I was 12 out of 29 and 3 out of 10 in production. I had a couple mikes and there was a all steel stage that i was not enthused about at all it was poorly set up. Im finding im having a problem attacking the stages im shoting them but not attacking them idk if its the florida heat and me working outside all day or what but i gotta figure out a way past it.

Shot a pretty good match last night, 9 out of 22 and 3 out of 13 in production. the 2 that beat me were both excelent shooters so it was good. I had 2 mikes and no penalties. I tracked my sights well and had a good grip on the gun the stages were good.

Shot a terrible match tuesday night. I had poor stage planning and poor sight focus everything was a blur gonna try and focus harder on our saturday match and see what i can do toying with the idea of going to a al black front sight i feel like the fiber front is making me hose alot and not truley track my sights.

The black front sight was a no go our bays are covered and its to dark green fiber though is enough to get my attention but not make me focus on it and truley use the sights. I had a good practice today tested my new backup gun. I learned alot about seeing my sights and my grip and just trusting it and letting things happen opposed to worrying so much.

Shot a ok match today middle of the pack. I had A couple good stages and a couple bad ones. tanked the classifier i did notice stages that i had a good plan and stuck with it i did great on. always fun to get out and shoot though.

Shot our tuesday match last night, had a great match was 6 out of 23 and 2 out of 11 in production. I switched powder from solo to n340 much smoother and more accurate and less smoke. I saw my sights and shot with a game plan and confidence and didnt worry about results and it was awsome.

Hello all I had a great practice session today small and large poppers at 10 to 50 yards. Had a small stage built with hard cover and steel and movement it went well it did me good to have some distance shots and such. My wrist is stil soar but it was worth the practice time and the distance shots i turned my focus up alot and was able to get lower splits and 1 for 1 on steel even at distance instead of speeding up i tried to be efficent and smooth and it was excellent.

Great match last night shot 11 out of 27 overall and 2 out of 12 in production. I saw my sights and focused on keeping the gun up while moving and shooting on the move.I feel i made a great breakthrough.

Had a good match last night my focus was off I felt sloppy but I still was 10 out of 24 and won production. I could tell I wasnt focusing as hard as I should I will shoot our monthly match on sunday weather permitting.

I won production at our friday fun match and was 6 out of 11 today at our monthly club match. Alot of good production shooters were there. I didnt do to hot on the classifier lol it wont count towards my update well just say that.I had good speec and accuracy the rest of the day on all our field courses though. It was rough weather but it was fun and i learned alot from the match today.