Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

joedodge's range diary

joedodge

Hello all, im 23 years old. ive shot guns all my life. about 6 months ago started uspsa action shooting at our local club. Im shooting production with a xd9 tactical dawson sights, canyon creek trigger,and refitted barrel. started with a m&p 4 inch but got a great deal on the worked xd from a fellow shooter and member here. im shooting 147 precision bullet with 3.5 solo 1000 gives me a 131 pf. i started this diary as im training for the area 6 championship in april. i generaly shoot about 45 to 60 % for the match. although thats been low as i have been trying to speed up and keep up with my friends who are c and b shooters. i have 4 classifiers in im waiting for my classification im hoping for c but itl prolly be a high d. well thanks for checkin this out i shoot every tuesday and every other friday and any weekend match i can so il keep everyone posted.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did some dry fire and stance practice today as im having trouble with locking my arms and letting the recoil push me making me lean back. did my normal work out and looking forward to tuesday my last few matches have been somwhat poor. ive been pushin myself to move faster but my hits are suffering.

thank you guys i will keep you posted. and thats my goal for tuesdays match is to focus on my stance and just shoot my match and make my hits. your message has been the biggest help to me so far awlazs thankyou so much.

hello all just updating. i shot our tuesday night club match we had 4 stages. i shot 18 out of 39 total. and 3 out of 9 in production at 89.17%. it was one of my best nights to date. i slowed down a little bit and focused on my grip and focusing on my front sight. shooting the night clean with no mikes helped alot even tho i was somewhat slower than other shooters. but i beat alot of c and b shooters. lookin forward to our friday fun shoot to see if i can duplicate it.

another update here. shot our friday night 3 stage fun match.I shot 8 out of 21 over all. And 4 out of 13 in production at 61%.im gettin pretty consistent. again finishen just behind the a thru c shooters. We had a stage that was strong and weak hand shooting with hard cover targets. that stage hurt me i had good groups but in the hard cover due to pullen the trigger weak hand, went to the public line today and practiced strong and weak hand some. As i may run into this at the area 6 champ in april. my hits were excelent other than that just have to start working on good movements through the stage and breaking them down better before hand.

shot a good match last nigh....well for me lol. 17 out of 29 overall. And 4 out of 11 in production at 76%. a local club GM helped me with my stance and posture some. my stage plans were smooth and executed well. I was a lil slow but only had 1 Delta and 1 Mike for the match hits were excelent and went 1 for 1 on all the steel. I also got my official classification im a 36.88% D in production. things are goin well.

did some dry fire yesterday. realy working on my reloads and indexing. i had my reloads down pretty good especialy having my reload done befor realy starting and movement. and keeping a sight picture while walking towards a static target.

had a pretty good match last night. I shot 19 out of 35 overall. and 5 out of 14 in production at 80%. there waqs some good shooters in production. i realy focused on grip and stance again. I had 1 mike for the match. i was a little slow tho. Im gonna turn up the speed on friday and see truly how fast i can go and find my breaking point. All in all im progressing well for starting this in august.

Shot our 3 stage friday fun match last night. Had a pretty good match, I shot 14 out of 28 overall. And 5 out of 15 at 70% just behind our club gm and the c and b shooters. I tried shooting on the move and my hits got sloppy but i shot the match clean. Tommorows our monthly classifier match il report back then.

Had a great match today it was our club match with a classifier. it was a 6 stage match. i was 22 out of 52 overall and 4 out of 18 in production at 69.86%. shot the match clean. Felt a little slow today but looks like it was good enough. I beat alot of c and b shooters today. The classifier was Fluffy's revenge i was 53.86% on it.

hello all we shot out tuesday night fun match last night. i had 3 great stages and one stage that ruined me i couldnt hit a small pepper popper that was shadowed by a barrel to save my life. it rattled me and ruined my mag changes and speed and i threw 2 mikes. either way i finished 14 out of 28 overall. and 4 out of 12 in production at 82%. still turned out like a good match i was 82%of a b shooter and finished just behind the c shooters. seeing my sights has been goin well, and the more that i shoot my match at my pace my way and get my hits the beeter ive been doing. i have to replace the front sight on my xd its getting loose and moves around dawson is sending me a new one.

shot our tuesday night match last night. sho well i saw my sights and shot my match i was 8 out of 24 and 5 out of 11 in production at 73%. with realy good shooters in front of me had fun and shot well. ill be shooting in hernando on sunday.

shot my first match away from my home club sunday. It was a great expierence, i was 3rd out of 8 at 77.91% great match for myself learned alot shooting at another club. I shot the classifier both sides now #2 at 72.79%.

tuesday night match went well i was 16 out of 33 overall and 4th out of 10 in production. I shot a little faster than i could see my sights. I need to focus on group shooting some i have tight controlled pairs, but need to work on my accuracy on head shots when under the pressure of the clock.