Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

joedodge's range diary

joedodge

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all just updating my log, shot the tuesday night match at my club i finished 16 out of 39 and 4 out 15 in production at 85.81%. it was a good match shot it clean no mikes or no shoots had pretty good speed and stepped up my seeing my sights and shooting faster. all though i feel as tho im leveling off a little i always finish behind the same 3 to 4 shooters i feel i need to try and step it up friday im going to shoot our 3 stage fun match as fast as i can see and see what my limits are.

Hello all, shot the friday night 3 stage fun match at my club i was 16 out of 33 and 5 out of 13 at 76.84%. I was able to realize my mistakes tho i added a reload that wasnt necisary on one stage. And actualy almost slipped and fell on one stage maintained muzzle controll. Saw my sights and had great hits just a few little mishaps. I joined a gym this week and im starting to work out so far so good.

Updating my log we had our tuesday night match. Ive been pushing it hard for the area 6 championship. I was 8 out of 30 and i won production at 100% out of 9 people. My best match to date. But thewhole night felt strange my sight picture felt blurry i felt slow and my grip felt week yet my performance was great.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt get to shoot last week cut my trigger finger open at work and needed 3 stitches. Its healed up well i get the stitches out on thursday just in time to shoot area 6 friday. Ive been dry fireing at home last 2 days, and will shoot our tuesday fun match tomm.

Shot the tuesday fun match did ok finger held up well. I was 20 out of 39 and 4 out of 12 in production at 85%. id like to have done better since it was my last practice befor area 6. We had alot of zebra targets and i kept pulling the second shot gota do some dry fire to work my finger back in. Im shooting all day friday at area 6 im shooting my game my way ill report back.

Shot are 6 yesterday good match good sqaud and good stages. I did what i went to do i shot my match my way i had 5 mikes for the whole match it was a solid 10 hour day. i cant wait to see how the scores look.

Well results are in i came in 9th out of 19 at 56% in production C class. and 46 out of 78 overall. I shot my match my way and thats where i placed id liked to have shot higher but i shot to my full ability and none less and had a great time.

shot the tuesday night fun match i was 18 0ut of 35 overall and 4 out of 12 at 83% in production. i had a horrible match tho through a mike on an easy target and we had a stage with a plate rack the texas star and and poppers. i couldnt hit the broad side of a barn i dont know what my deal was i realy struggled on the steel bad ive been doin great lately.

Great match last night i won production and placed 8th overall i moved my rear sights elevation one notch and went back to fundamentals and it all came together i wasnt the fastets but i was consistent and accurate.

shot the special classifier match today. I shot 11 out of 42 overall and 2 out of 14 in production at 93%. had a great day all my classifiers were 51 to 60% hopefully itl be enough to move me well in to the middle of c class. the whole day felt good only had one bad reload.

shot the tuesday fun match and was 11 out of 35 overall and 2 out of 10 at 94% in production. Also shot the friday fun match came in 5 out of 32 overall and 2 out of 11 in production. had a 2 mikes on a stage i tracked my sights the whole time but could tell i was pulling off the target to leave it was a good expierence that i new id thrown the mikes. been doing well lately.

Tuesday night match went well had a good time. I finished 6 out of 30 overall and won production out of 12 shooters. I had great sight focus and grip i felt slow but i guess i was consistent enough.

Classification updates I had 3 go in 2 from area 6 championship and the one for the match itself. It brought me up to 49.07% we shot a special classifier match with 4 classifires but they didnt go in after this sunday il have 5 for the june update cant wait.

Had a crummy match last night.I was 13 out of 24 and 4 out of 10 in production. I had 2 mikes 1 of them i knew i threw but chose to keep moving threw the stage it was like i couldnt stop. Then on a stage my plan went out the window on some zebra targets i had to make shots up i was pulling the trigger to fast and this threw my mag changes of with a standing reload. Im going to do a lil dry fire tonight and practice a smooth trigger pull and my reloads. shooting friday and our monthly club match on sunday.

shot our Friday night fun match I was 6 out of 23 overall and i won production out of 9 people. I had 1 mike for the match the whole thing felt so slow but i guess i was just consistent enough. I new i threw the mike i saw the barrel move i new i clipped it instead of the target but i kept moving. Ill be shooting our monthly match tommorow.

Had our monthly match today i was 21 out of 43 overall and 3 out of 14 in production had a good day it was a fun match i would have liked to have been better on the classifier tho. Trying to decide wether to shoot the pro am or not.

Had a good tuesday match i won production out of 11 people and was 10 out of 30. had a good match i called the one mike i had and tryd to turn my vision up to its full potential.

• 2 weeks later...

11 out of 24 and 4 out of 11 last night, the heat has been whoopn me since i work outside all day. Thats no excuse tho i had fun i need to start dry firing a little more i feel my skills getting sloppy.

Been working on my equipment having a few malfunctions and been dry firing alot. Trying to refine my fundamentals and step up my game a little bit going to also focus on my diet and fitness pretty hard now.

Shot our Tuesday night match, I was 11 out of 21 overall and 3 out of 11 in production. I shot my 4 inch m&p while my XD is at Springfield. It was a good expierence to go back to a 4 inch and a stock trigger and different sights I think when i get my xd back it will realy tune me up with it and let me be much faster.