Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

joedodge's range diary

joedodge

Shot production last night came in 10 out of 42 and 1 out of 18 in production.Saw the sights and shot well felt much faster in production after shooting the revo for a month. My rear sight came in for the 625 cant wait to get it on should have the gun back this week really hoping the tuned action helps me alot. Gonna zero the gun with the new sights and hit revolver hard. Training for area 6 has begun should be shooting revo in that match doing some cardio and such also. Im really going to have to knuckle down on steel with the revo though as it is my enemy.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuned action helped a ton won revo last night lol there was only 2 of us but i won. Came in 30 out of 45 which is a vast improvement for me with it. trigger controll and maintaining sight focus is great now, just have to work on the mechanics. last nights match was hard cover and no shoot city i deffinatly need to step up on my group shooting and tighten up some.

• 2 weeks later...

Great match last night i did some group shooting befor the match it built alot of confidence in trusting the sights. i came in 15 out of 34 and 2nd in revo at 91% to a good revo shooter. I need to work on steel in a large steel array i start to rush the shots and im realizing theres no room for misses in revo im enjoying it alot its all coming together now.

• 3 weeks later...

I found out how fast I can and cant shoot the revolver Tuesday night. I had to many mikes and misses on steel, really tore up the night. I went to chrono some ammo Wednesday night and found out im at 178 pf so im going to lower my charge and see if I can get it down closer to 170. I shot a 8 inch steel plate and 15 yards and just worked on staging the trigger and breaking the shot and hitting the plate every time. I think I developed a bad habit with the revo when the trigger was stock of using to much trigger finger with the heavy action and now with the tuned action I tend to pull shots to the right. I just have to SLOW down and shoot my pace and get my hits. I have a match sunday 6 stages with a clasifer well see how it gos.

Had a decent match today did pretty solid on the classsifier. first time in a while shooting the texas star and we had a stage with 2 of them it was tough with the revo I caught myself chasing the plates instead of waiting for them. the wheels fell off on a long field course with some long shots I just went to fast and pulled my shots right I had 8 mikes. I slowed down the rest of the day and got my hits I need to start seeing the front sight the whole way through the trigger pull with the revo. All in all its actually slowly coming together. Trying to get tuned up for area 6 keeping up the dry fire, and working hard planning to shoot revo in it.

Did ok at sunday after results came out 54 out of 63 and 2nd in revo alot of open and limited shooters. I shot 56 percent on the classifier though that should look good going in towards being classified im right on track for high c class. Had a great match tonight I worked on slowly rolling the trigger and really griping the gun hard and it worked out well I didnt rush any shots except one stage I started rushing some 15 yard poppers and it cost me but was a strong match tonight shot clean with 2 D.

ended up 24 out of 42 overall I was the only revo shooter last night. Did some dry fire tonight and cleaned and tuned up the revo a little. Trying to refine a new reload technique its faster but doesnt feel natural just yet gotta get some ammo made up now.

• 2 weeks later...

I won revolver and shot the match clean on tuesday night. came in 30 out of 45 overall. we had a stage with 6 poppers at 25 yards man did it get me steel is killing me lol. did well though getting a good rythm with the gun. new reload style worked great have to work on the explosiveness with it though. been dry firing and working on trigger control alot as im always right on steel shots

• 2 weeks later...

shot last night had a great matches reloads were smooth trigger pull was smooth. went one for one on all steel and had no mikes. finished 29 out of 48 and 2nd in revo at 98 percent close match against a good revo shooter.its becoming more natural im figuring out a rythm and i think i can focus on the sights and trigger pull more now that im used to the gun and everything going on with the revo its less distracting and more natural. i really think shooting revo is my thing.

been dry firing getting smooth draws and reloads trying to get ready for area 6 in a few weeks. its going well im just going to have to work on shooting my match and mine only and stay consistant shooting against a couple real well known gm revo guys and shooting with one i will really have to focus on shooting my pace not theirs.

shot our classifier match today we shot 5 classifiers that will give me 8 for this update dont know how i did today but hopefully gonna be in solid c class maybe b. my hits were good and solid had a good day reloads were fast.

doing my math and classifier calculator i may squeek into b class idk. im really feeling that shooting 45 and revo is my thing over production. still trying to get tuned up for area 6 its going well dry firing doing alot of visualization ive found the happy medium on speed vs accuracy and a good reload and afumbled one. and now trting do nothing but focus on that till area 6 not pushing the limits just focusing on consistency.

• 4 weeks later...

been a while lol made 56% c class revolver shot the area 6 champ was 61% of the winner had a great match learned alot, I gotta stop missing and have to go one for one on steel i have to. made some changes to a longer barrel and better sights . well see if it helps

• 1 month later...

been a while since I posted black .100 front sight and millet bomar style rear sight made a huge difference. Its a lil tough to pick up in our bays in our evening matches because we have a roof and ok lighting but in the day time its great. 5 inch barrel makes the gun shoot so much better also. Ive been doing great going one for one on steel and getting my hits and im much faster. Ivce started shooting the steel match too, Our bays limit us in the true distance but still have good 12 to 15 yard shots the stages just arent as wide but its still great practice for steel.

• 2 months later...

Been working on dry fire and shooting 6 and 8 inch plates ive gotten to wear if I take my time I know I can hit the plate. Revolver has been a great learning expierence on teaching you to HIT you CANT miss.I love it. Been working towards shooting the Florida state match this month. 2nd major match with a revo gonna shoot my pace my way my game. Found a big break through in calling my shots with shooting the plates really amazing.