Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Dawson Precision Posi-Lock Mag Release

Dawson Marketing

Introducing the DP Posi-Lock Magazine Release for 2011 pistols! Drop-in installation and positively locks mag in to prevent over-insertion and broken ejectors. Available in standard, extended (+0.100" longer) and drilled and tapped configurations.

1911 configuration coming soon.

013-003.jpg

-Chet

Edited by Dawson Marketing
Added Photo

• 1 month later...

I just bought the threaded model and I can't use the button I have. Different threading on these?

Hi Bruce,

Which button are you trying to use?

-Chet

This one from Gun Craft. I used it on my Para and really like it better than the flat low profile button because of the tapered edge.

post-4262-051425800 1300290164_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when the 1911 model will be released? I have an extended one on backorder for my STI Trojan. The website didn't say anything about a backorder when I ordered it. My other sights came but no release. I called and the nice lady on the phone said they have no release date yet. Why take the order if there not available yet? Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will this mag release make it easier to use the new “logoed” SVI mags in a polymer sti frame?

We don't currently have any of the SV tuned magazines to try this scenario out.

That being said, SVI is very specific in their policy that their tuned mags "are designed to work exclusively with Infinity pistols".

-Chet

• 1 year later...

Will there be a Para version w/4-40 D&T?

Good suggestion. We'll look into this.

-Chet

I'll take two when you have them... :D

Any update on para availability? I will have one as well if you decide to build them.

We are swamped with work. We are still thinking about the Para mag release.

Hello: Will these work with a STI 2011 framed pistol using SVI old style mags for IDPA. Just thought the 0.100" longer one would be great for the 9mm 2011 for IDPA. Let me know when you have a chance. Thanks, Eric

Hello,

The 013-009 is the IDPA legal length mag catch, the 013-014 is the drilled & tapped IDPA legal length mag catch.

I have a couple of old SVI mags I use without problems.