Dan Hefta

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy Jason Lusk (?) was amazing.

He could run away with it.

Was he the big black kid?

Yeah. The one who was emotionally ehausted after his performance.

Serious set of pipes with incredible range and control. Gave me shivers.

Its really hard to tell at this stage. Sometimes the really talented don't become the really loved and don't get the votes. Or they are really good in a narrow focus and choke when asked to perform outside that focus. Think back to prior years when barely talented boy-toys stayed in the competition well past their ability because the 9-18 yr old female audience with cell phones swooned for them. Or the large black guy who could croon love songs wonderfully but was challenged when forced to sing other material.

That's one of the reasons, I have always felt that the judges opinion should weigh more heavily in who goes home as my wife forced me to watch.

That guy Jason Lusk (?) was amazing.

He could run away with it.

Was he the big black kid?

Yeah. The one who was emotionally ehausted after his performance.

Serious set of pipes with incredible range and control. Gave me shivers.

Yep, he is incredible.

Don't know her name, but the heavy black girl that sang on group day was amazing. She didn't get much TV time, but I bet she stays in the comp for a while. As another poster said, hopefully she's the "likable" type that will get some votes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of showcasing young talented people on such a huge stage. Simon's job was to be a dick and he performed it well. The judging this year is refreshed and refreshing. :wub: J-Lo :wub: I knew I should've married a Puertorican... Oh , wait, I did! ;)

Tonight the 12 girls sing. From last night my favorites haven't changed:

- Jacob Lusk: crazy instrument (voice)! Awesome range, tone and control.

- Casey Abrams: He's the one that plays the accoustic bass. Total package musician!

- Scotty McCreery: The country singer kid... Have you heard that kid's voice? He's 17!! Are you kidding me?!

Anyway, some good singing; a lot of average to bad singing. It's sad that at the end the favorite is picked mostly by 14 year old girls with cell phones that don't care about the singing... :(

BIIIIIG +1 on Scott! He has an AMAZING voice. I got a little annoyed at him at first because he kept singing that SAME Josh Turner song. I thought it was his immaturity coming out and didn't know if he could perform when they threw some challenges at him. I thought he did an awesome job of mixing his "country style" voice with the music on group night and he's proving to have some natural talent. Hopefully they will continue to let the singers do their own thing. When they force them to be a TOTALLY all around singer, you get someone who's a little good at everything, not GREAT at one thing. At this point, if Scott were eliminated, he would still get picked up by a record label somewhere.

Cowell was on Leno's show last night, and said his Mom had forgotten he's not on the show this year (she's 86).

After he reminded her, she said Randy looks good, she likes that J-Lo girl, and Paula looks tired.

I'm sure they'll all get record deals.

I was shocked the guy with the goofy glasses didn't make it, or at least get picked for the wildcard. Not really a fan of his, but he does have a good voice.

How many female contestants do you think Steven Tyler has banged this season? During the preliminaries there was one girl that was falling all over him and he even had something to say in regards to the fact that she looked like someone he had..... He just left it at that with a glimmer in his eye.

How many female contestants do you think Steven Tyler has banged this season? During the preliminaries there was one girl that was falling all over him and he even had something to say in regards to the fact that she looked like someone he had..... He just left it at that with a glimmer in his eye.

Jealousy is such an ugly cloak to wear.

:D

Scottie!!

I don't know why but something bugs me about that kid... he's real good but he seems a bit cocky for someone so young.

I have to agree with you, but I love country and want to see someone with his style succeed instead of the middle school, emo, skateboarder sound. The blonde girl (dont' know her name) that sang the country song on girls night was pretty good too. Not the best, but I voted for her because she sang a country song.

The purity on Thia Megia's (the 15 year old girl) voice is just incredible. A real singer's voice; not about runs and screaming.

On screaming: with Adam Lambert the hard rock scream got old on that show. James Durbin will have to use a different vocal tool to wow.

My top two are Thia and Jacob Lusk.