Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newspapers

sperman

Every week the Charlotte observer delivers a free newspaper that is full of local community content. It's bad enough that most people don't want it, so it goes straight to the landfill. But even worse is that about half of the neighborhood doesn't even bother to pick it up. Because they are so thin and light, they either barely make it into the driveway, or end up in the street. That's where they lay, becoming a pile of pulp in a plastic bag until it washes down the gutter.

Start collecting them, when you get a truck load drive to the papers building and dump em in front of their door. I hated these things so much, When I would leave home for a couple months, I would tell the cops, put my lights and tv on random timers, stop my mail, get my neighbors kids to park in my driveway, all to make it look like someone was home and in and out. Only to come home to a huge pile of these in my yard telling everyone that drove by noone is home for last couple months, I live in the country now and dont have to put up with the crap now.

If I knew when these SOBs threw the papers on my yard, I'd wait for them and throw stuff back at their car. I cannot stand these friggin things. They go from my driveway/yard, right into the garbage.

I have a friend that called the police to report littering. Newspapers stopped."
"Genius in its simplicity. Congrats to your friend."

I couldn't agree more (especially the part about calling the cops). They don't do that kind of delivery thing here anymore. The paper publishes a weekly advertising piece, yes, but it's presented in its own little dispenser where readers have the option to take it or not take it. Each week the carrier removes the expired ones and replaces with new ones. No muss, no fuss.

If I knew when these SOBs threw the papers on my yard, I'd wait for them and throw stuff back at their car. I cannot stand these friggin things. They go from my driveway/yard, right into the garbage.

We actually found the person delivering them, and asked to have delivery stopped. She said she'd notify the paper, and the deliveries did actually stop -- we'll see if it survives a carrier change....