Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Purchasing an FN SLP Mk1? Who? CA friendly dealer?

JaeOne3345

Ok the time has come. I am ready to purchase a new FN SLP MK1 with a 22 inch barrel. I've seen a couple used ones on Calguns.net but I really want a new one.

I am in southern California and there don't seem to be many dealers for FN shotguns out here from what I know.

Aside from places like Buds, can anyone recommend a good dealer for this firearm that is CA friendly and will be willing to ship to my FFL?

Mods, please excuse me if this is totally inappropriate in this section. Move at will.

Thanks for any help you all may assist me with.

Ok the time has come. I am ready to purchase a new FN SLP MK1 with a 22 inch barrel. I've seen a couple used ones on Calguns.net but I really want a new one.

I am in southern California and there don't seem to be many dealers for FN shotguns out here from what I know.

Aside from places like Buds, can anyone recommend a good dealer for this firearm that is CA friendly and will be willing to ship to my FFL?

Mods, please excuse me if this is totally inappropriate in this section. Move at will.

Thanks for any help you all may assist me with.

I just bought one and the best prices I found were Bud's ($899 shipped) and CDNN. However, I just asked my local FFL if he could meet those prices and he did. He ordered them from Davidson's so I got a Lifetime warranty as well.

Thanks guys. I am just getting into 3 gun, but everyone I have talked to so far has been super helpful. I really appreciate it.

I should be fine going with the non rifled barrel for all around shooting right? At least this is what I gather from my time searching here.

Edited by JaeOne3345

Thanks guys. I am just getting into 3 gun, but everyone I have talked to so far has been super helpful. I really appreciate it.

I should be fine going with the non rifled barrel for all around shooting right? At least this is what I gather from my time searching here.

Yep, smoothbore.

I've got one on the way from CDNN as well

Welp..I took everyone's CDNN advice..called..and..

FAIL..lol

They will not ship any "defense style weapon" to my FFL in California.

I asked why, since an FN shotgun is perfectly legal in California.

"Company policy."

This sucks. My roommate went through the same drama with one of his CMMG rifles. Guess I have to go with Buds?

I appreciate your help. I have another contact in Texas who is seeing what he can do for me. I will know by tomorrow. Fingers are crossed.

It sucks that our laws and guidelines for firearms are so jacked up here that people (I don't blame them) don't wanna risk anything.

I appreciate your help. I have another contact in Texas who is seeing what he can do for me. I will know by tomorrow. Fingers are crossed.

It sucks that our laws and guidelines for firearms are so jacked up here that people (I don't blame them) don't wanna risk anything.

Sorry Dude! We gave it the ole college try!

Cheers,

Kyle

I just bought my SLP through galley of guns, they had a great price and there are a lot of dealers you have have the gun shipped to. It was a truly great transaction, no issues to speak of.

PM me if you have questions.

• 3 weeks later...

CDNN is $845 and has free shipping on all FN products the last I checked. They are great to deal with. Here is their link. (Page 13 of their catalog.)

Cheers,

Kyle

CDNN just quoted 917 shipped for the MK1

Scottsdale Gun club was the same

I ordered mine from Jeff Cockrum http://www.c-rums.com/

I live in Texas and wanted to buy from CDNN back when it was $845. Shipping was free, but tax was included.

I knew I wanted C-Rums to do some work anyway, so I called and his pricing was in line with CDNN + the tax I would have paid as a Texas Resident.

Since Jeff's pricing was similar, bought through him and having some work done before it is shipped out. Saves me some shipping back and forth and time without the gun is on the front end, not after I buy it.

Jeff has been a pleasure to deal with, and I can not wait to get it in hand.

smart approach, what other mods can he do other than welding the lifters?

He is going to weld the lifter, put on the larger bolt release button and the open up the loading area.

I am going to add a +1 extension and nordic charging handle. I trust myself to do those mods, and those mods only. Plus I know it will look a hell of a lot better if he grinds on it rather than me. :blush:

Well, I achieved success!

I got mine from scottsdale gun club for 918 shipped to my FFL, who then handled dros and transfer fees for 68.50 combined.

I love shooting it. Shoots really soft.

Now, I just gotta find a way to get to a match with someone!

Any of you so cal guys near Chino/Corona/Riverside?

Well, I achieved success!

I got mine from scottsdale gun club for 918 shipped to my FFL, who then handled dros and transfer fees for 68.50 combined.

I love shooting it. Shoots really soft.

Now, I just gotta find a way to get to a match with someone!

Any of you so cal guys near Chino/Corona/Riverside?

I'll be at Norco on sunday around 9:30..I plan to run my shotgun and pistol at their steel match. If you're around its a good way to practice.

Edited by aheadofthecurve