Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Triggers 2

DKGlock34

My name is Dan, I'm new to USPSA shooting. I'm shooting a Glock 34 pistol. I started in May of 2010. I bought a aftermarket trigger from Glock Store online and was impressed with the speed of my trigger pulls (doubletaps) after I installed it. 2 weeks ago I bought a Ghost Rocket 3.5 Lb connector from Brownells and installed it with the factory trigger. I did a comparrison and found that all I needed was that fancy connector. I pent $117 on the trigger and $25 for the connector. I heard that none of this was nessesary and that I could have gotten my trigger pull to 1.5LB's without buying either, How the heck is that possible and are people just full of it ?

Hello DKGlock34 and welcome to the forum! Very good to hear you're shooting USPSA. The Glock trigger in ALL its configurations have been covered here for 10 years. A simple search in the Glock sub-forum revealed an amazing return of data. Example, I typed "trigger" in that sub-forum and 1000 posts were found! Their are thousands more too. Their's that old saying "Teach a man to fish..." wink.gif

Enjoy

Jim

I used to spend money on Glock trigger kits as well. Then I started learning how to to it myself. What I have learned is you can get a great trigger yourself with about an hour of polishing,a competition spring kit and a good 3.5 lb connector. Its even easy to fit an oversized match barrel. Thats the beauty of Glock.

I used to spend money on Glock trigger kits as well. Then I started learning how to to it myself. What I have learned is you can get a great trigger yourself with about an hour of polishing,a competition spring kit and a good 3.5 lb connector. Its even easy to fit an oversized match barrel. Thats the beauty of Glock.

Yep!

I heard that none of this was nessesary and that I could have gotten my trigger pull to 1.5LB's without buying either, How the heck is that possible and are people just full of it ?

I am calling BS on that statement... All the polishing and tweaking in the world is not going to bring the trigger pull down to 1.5 lb with OEM parts.

The secret to a good trigger is knowing how all the parts interact, and what you can change yourself. Some of the aftermarket trigger kits work like they do because they are designed using different geometries than the stock trigger. You can get some of these down to 1.5 lbs with no creep. Something almost impossible with all stock parts.

My setup is all stock to include the 5.0 connector. Knowing how the trigger bar and connector interact and function both for firing and resetting lets you know where you can change things to make it better. My trigger bar is ground and polished so that I have very little movement required to fire the gun because I need less than 1/16" to reset the trigger.

In the process of finding out what worked I also destroyed several trigger bars, and have a couple that will not function with 3.5 connectors because of the shallower angle of the 3.5, but function quite well with the 5.0's slightly steeper angle.

My name is Dan, I'm new to USPSA shooting. I'm shooting a Glock 34 pistol. I started in May of 2010. I bought a aftermarket trigger from Glock Store online and was impressed with the speed of my trigger pulls (doubletaps) after I installed it. 2 weeks ago I bought a Ghost Rocket 3.5 Lb connector from Brownells and installed it with the factory trigger. I did a comparrison and found that all I needed was that fancy connector. I pent $117 on the trigger and $25 for the connector. I heard that none of this was nessesary and that I could have gotten my trigger pull to 1.5LB's without buying either, How the heck is that possible and are people just full of it ?

Did your trigger kit come with something you are forgetting about? Any different springs?

I don't think you made a mistake. You were able to get a head start on shooting with a better than factory set up, and have something to compare to. You got all the stuff in one place, that was tried and tested, installation instructions, and a very easy way to upgrade all in one package. These kits are a better value than people give them credit for being. You don't have to drive to the store for anything, you don't have to wait for various parts to come in, you don't have to hope you are doing the right thing. None of that. No need for buyer's remorse.

Gene