Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seether

I'm really enjoying Seether. Thus far I've listened to Fragile (their first album, under the name Saron Gas, released only in South Africa), Disclaimer, Disclaimer II, and Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces. Haven't hit Karma and Effect yet but I will soon.

I have to ask: has this band ever done a bad song? :D Not from what I've heard so far.

Gonna have to try and dig up the first album. I didn't know about that one. Karma and Effect is probably my favorite, Disclaimer and Disclaimer II are quite good in my opinion. I didn't really care too much for Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces.

I'm a huge Seether fan as well. I saw them at Summerfest a few years ago, I think in 2008. I've also seen Shinedown in concert, although I'm not a huge fan of their most recent album as much as their older albums, it's growing on me.

Edited by twodownzero

Gonna have to try and dig up the first album. I didn't know about that one. Karma and Effect is probably my favorite, Disclaimer and Disclaimer II are quite good in my opinion. I didn't really care too much for Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces.

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces was actually the first Seether album to which I ever listened, and I enjoyed every song on it. Just a matter of personal preferences, obviously. :)

Fragile, as I mentioned, was recorded in South Africa back when the band called itself Saron Gas and definitely sounds less "produced" - almost acoustic - compared to later albums once they moved to the U.S. BTW, just be aware, like 12 of the songs on Disclaimer II are remixes off Disclaimer, seven of the songs on Disclaimer are also on Fragile. :lol: I actually have a file in my iTunes titled "Seether Songs (Different Versions)". It's interesting to compare the different treatments to the same song. For instance we now have four different versions of "Fine Again", off Fragile, Disclaimer, Disclaimer II, and also the live version from One Cold Night.

I like Seether as well, but if you listen closely to them, you can tell exactly who they were influenced by.....Nirvana.

I didn't really see the Nirvana influence. I'm not saying it's not there, I just never really liked Nirvana - I know, almost heretical for someone who lives in Tacoma. But I love Seether.

Actually I'm really not a huge grunge fan; I consider Seether post-grunge. Nirvana only ever did seven songs that I like: "About A Girl", "Love Buzz", "Come As You Are", "Lithium", "Drain You", "Heart-Shaped Box" (my personal favorite of theirs), and "Rape Me".

Nope, no "Smells LIke Teen Spirit" in there. God knows I've tried to like it, the whole "one of the most important songs in rock history, defines the grunge movement, a grunge anthem," etc., certainly makes it sound like something I should like. I just can't. :(

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces was actually the first Seether album to which I ever listened, and I enjoyed every song on it. Just a matter of personal preferences, obviously. :)

Fragile, as I mentioned, was recorded in South Africa back when the band called itself Saron Gas and definitely sounds less "produced" - almost acoustic - compared to later albums once they moved to the U.S. BTW, just be aware, like 12 of the songs on Disclaimer II are remixes off Disclaimer, seven of the songs on Disclaimer are also on Fragile. :lol: I actually have a file in my iTunes titled "Seether Songs (Different Versions)". It's interesting to compare the different treatments to the same song. For instance we now have four different versions of "Fine Again", off Fragile, Disclaimer, Disclaimer II, and also the live version from One Cold Night.

Don't get me wrong, there are some songs on FBINS that I like, Fake it and FMLYHM have some lyrics that, to me anyway, really hit home.

And if you have iTunes, don't forget the iTunes original version of Fine Again for yet another treatment on a great song. PM me if you don't have it and I think I can help you out if you're interested. :wink: