Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inaugural Indiana Multigun Championship

What no Buckshot? :surprise:

Oh don't think we didn't think about it... We decided against it though as we wanted to increase the slug count :ph34r:

Ok... how far out are you thinking of putting your slug targets at?

We're on the fence about that... Half of the gang wants some out a ways, the other half wants them up close for hosing. What should we do??? We added over double the number of slugs we originally intended and thought a house clearing stage might be fun...? Or maybe some paper and/or poppers at 80+ yards? I just don't know what we'll come with yet...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am hearing a lot of talk about this match. I hope the turn out is a good one. I have never shot a multi gun or three gun match, but this might be the summer.

This should be the year you come out for some fun... It's going to be a great match and we'd love to have you.

Oh don't think we didn't think about it... We decided against it though as we wanted to increase the slug count :ph34r:

We're on the fence about that... Half of the gang wants some out a ways, the other half wants them up close for hosing. What should we do??? We added over double the number of slugs we originally intended and thought a house clearing stage might be fun...? Or maybe some paper and/or poppers at 80+ yards? I just don't know what we'll come with yet...

Well, my feeling on this is closer is faster [as long as it's safe] and more fun. Last year I was RO on a stage with a couple of slug targets at 80-90 yards [depending on where within the shooting area you were] and those targets caused much gnashing of teeth and utterance of foul epithets, especially from the shooters that didn't plan on using more than the minimum # of slugs. As long as your targets are such that hits are clear and obvious [the ones referred to above rung like a bell when hit] I suppose a challenge could be good too.

Having trouble with the application. Was gonna bring it along this weekend to give to Brett but it wont open. Downloaded the newest version Adobe and still the same thing.

Can you give this one a shot, I am not sure if it's a problem with the copy on the site, people's connections, or what-not. Let me know if the results are the same here.

Thanks Jon!

INStateMG_2011_MatchApplication.pdf

Having trouble with the application. Was gonna bring it along this weekend to give to Brett but it wont open. Downloaded the newest version Adobe and still the same thing.

Can you give this one a shot, I am not sure if it's a problem with the copy on the site, people's connections, or what-not. Let me know if the results are the same here.

Thanks Jon!

That download worked Tony. I'll bring it along this weekend! See you fella's Saturday.

I'm in for RO duty. I LOVE having 3 gun matches so close...

So, are there any resturants that I must go to while I am here?

Depends on what you like... Here's some of our favorites off the top of my head:

Pub food: 9 Irish Brothers, Scotty's Brewhouse, DT Kirbys, The Other Pub

Pizza: Puccini's, Toppers Pizza, Arni's, Pizza King

Italian: Spageddies, La Scala

Mexican: El meson, Don Pablo's

Steak: Texas Roadhouse, Outback, McGraws ($$), Mountain Jacks ($$)

BBQ: South Street Smokehouse

We've also got all the regulars; Hooters, O'Charleys, Christo's, HuHot, Olive Garden, Chili's, Grindstone Charley's, Pizzaa Hut, Papa Johns, etc.

Lots of restaraunts around the area including a good little bar, TC's, close to the range and great food in Battleground Indiana.

Hunters Pub on 350 south is good and I like the Other Pub. Been going to both of them since they opened.

Scottys is one of my favs but its on the west side and has the Purdue atmosphere but the students will be gone for the most part. Also Scottys and 9 Irish brothers is pretty much a straight shot off of 52. Hotels at the I65 SR26 is where they most are and also a NICE restraunt called HourTime in the hotel. Not cheap but some of the best PrimeRib in the area. That area is pretty much where the breakfast joints are.

Mix it up and do both on a stage. Or 2. You know I will always take a rifle and or shotgun stage over a handgun stage anyday. Gotta have a star for the shotgun.

Very shortly match hotel information will be posted here, and I will also be emailing individual competitors to notify them that their applications have been received.

Just waiting for all the necessary information to be available.

Match Hotel Information:

Comfort Inn, Lafayette, Indiana

4701 Meijer Court

Lafayette, IN 47905

Group Code: Indiana Multigun Championship

Room rate: $67.99/night, king or 2 queen beds

765-447-3434

I highly recommend getting reservations in sooner rather than later, this is a college town and sometimes random events cause the hotels to fill quickly.

Were you guys going to send out email confirmations?

Not that our U.S. Postal service would ever lose anything... :surprise:

Thanks!

Randy

Absolutely Randy, I started emailing confirmations this week. Now that being said, the applications are mailed to our club treasurer, and I collect them from him. I have not collected them for about 3 weeks now, so we have some backlog.

I will see him next Wednesday and should have more confirmations mailed out towards next weekend.

Sorry for the delay in this, there are a few more moving parts in the process than I would like. But it's necessary because of the club's financial requirements.

Edited by birdo

Thanks!

Randy

Absolutely Randy, I started emailing confirmations this week. Now that being said, the applications are mailed to our club treasurer, and I collect them from him. I have not collected them for about 3 weeks now, so we have some backlog.

I will see him next Wednesday and should have more confirmations mailed out towards next weekend.

Sorry for the delay in this, there are a few more moving parts in the process than I would like. But it's necessary because of the club's financial requirements.

Sounds like a shady bunch running this operation to me!!! LOL

Thanks!

Randy

Thanks! :cheers:

I sent my app in a couple weeks ago and two of my regular 3 gun buddies did as well. I took this opportunity to tell my wife why I had to order a new gun from Dawson Precision – for the Indiana match of course. She shook her head (in agreement I think).

I sent my app in a couple weeks ago and two of my regular 3 gun buddies did as well. I took this opportunity to tell my wife why I had to order a new gun from Dawson Precision – for the Indiana match of course. She shook her head (in agreement I think).

If only it were that simple...

• 4 weeks later...