Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installing a +5 Nordic Extension on Benelli M2

CJW

Hi all,

After a good amount of reading on the forum, I decided to buy a Benelli M2 for 3-Gun, and a few accessories are starting to show up.

I am having trouble getting the +5 Nordic Tube onto the gun. I just can't seem to get the spring that came with it compress enough to get the extension all the way down to the main tube. Is there a trick to this that I am missing? I don't want to mangle the spring in the process. It seems to bend and bind pretty easily...

Anyway, thanks for any help.

Regards,

CJW

Several tricks to try:

Mount the tube first, then unscrew the endcap and feed the spring from the end. This works the best for me ( Make sure to trim the spring to the appropriate length, I think 12" past the end of the extension, but it has been a long time).

A good cheat that I read was to take a cleaning rod, or something similar, and see if it will fit through the hole in the endcap. If it does, this will help keep the spring straight.

Hope this helps - it is abit like using an uncaptures guide rod/spring in a glock - might cause you to cuss a few times, but once you get it it is fairly easy.

Make sure you trim the spring to the length stated in the direction sheet. Then what I do is get the cap ready close by and then get the spring going in the tube with both hands a couple coils at a time...left over right, then right over left, etc until you have about 1 or 2 coils remaining. Hold it with one hand and get the cap and put the cap over the final 2 coils...get ready to catch the spring in the cap (it will be a little forceful) then screw on the cap. Be sure to screw the cap on squarely...or you will strip it. Sometimes I screw it backwards until it slips over the threads, then screw on normally, but don't force it. After you do it once or twice, you'll get the hang of it.

If you don't trim the spring to specification...you won't get +5 in the tube.

Edited by Mark R

I always found it to be a three handed operation. I went to Home depot with my extension tube in hand and found a piece of thin walled aluminum tubing that the mag tube would slip into. I cut it to about 2" short of the magtube length and deburred it. Now when i reassemble the tube and spring i just slip my homemade helping hand around the exposed spring with one hand, holding it tight to the big nut on the forearm part of the shotgun and push the magtube down and start turning until it catches a couple of threads, then slip off the helper and finish the install. takes less time than the explanation. After a couple times it becomes even eisier.

I've been home sick for a few days and saw it as a pleasant diversion when the Nordic goodies showed up. So, I am going to blame the fever on the fact that I didn't notice that there were instructions inside the packing slip. Oops... :wacko:

Now with a trimmed spring and going through the end-cap, it went on quite easily. Go figure.

Thanks for the info, folks!

I've been home sick for a few days and saw it as a pleasant diversion when the Nordic goodies showed up. So, I am going to blame the fever on the fact that I didn't notice that there were instructions inside the packing slip. Oops... :wacko:

Now with a trimmed spring and going through the end-cap, it went on quite easily. Go figure.

Thanks for the info, folks!

You may have saved me a lot of grief. I usually read the directions only as a last resort. I'll pick up my Benelli in 10 days and the Nordic tubes are in the mail, so this is timely advice.

I always found it to be a three handed operation. I went to Home depot with my extension tube in hand and found a piece of thin walled aluminum tubing that the mag tube would slip into. I cut it to about 2" short of the magtube length and deburred it. Now when i reassemble the tube and spring i just slip my homemade helping hand around the exposed spring with one hand, holding it tight to the big nut on the forearm part of the shotgun and push the magtube down and start turning until it catches a couple of threads, then slip off the helper and finish the install. takes less time than the explanation. After a couple times it becomes even eisier.

Helluva good idea! :cheers:

Pat

You may have saved me a lot of grief. I usually read the directions only as a last resort. I'll pick up my Benelli in 10 days and the Nordic tubes are in the mail, so this is timely advice.

No offense.....but....BULL....no one (guys that is) reads the instructions, we get calls on this stuff all the time. :roflol:

I'm thinking we should put out a friggen video. Reminds me of when I was with JP, getting calls all the time for trigger installation, until John made up the installation video....it pretty much stopped 90% of the calls. Seems us guys won't read directions (or a map), but we'll gladly sit down and watch something on TV (or GPS).

And no sense arguing.....I know I'm right, cause I've never read the instructions for JP's trigger OR our tubes!!! (100% guy here ya know).

I do like the disclaimer though...."only as a last resort" :cheers:

Don't mind me....I'm havin fun!!

By the way.....no woman has ever called us asking how to install our tubes.....I rest my case.

Edited by TRUBL

No offense.....but....BULL....no one (guys that is) reads the instructions, we get calls on this stuff all the time. :roflol:

I'm thinking we should put out a friggen video. Reminds me of when I was with JP, getting calls all the time for trigger installation, until John made up the installation video....it pretty much stopped 90% of the calls. Seems us guys won't read directions (or a map), but we'll gladly sit down and watch something on TV (or GPS).

And no sense arguing.....I know I'm right, cause I've never read the instructions for JP's trigger OR our tubes!!! (100% guy here ya know).

I do like the disclaimer though...."only as a last resort" :cheers:

Don't mind me....I'm havin fun!!

By the way.....no woman has ever called us asking how to install our tubes.....I rest my case.

I'm totally busted. I ALWAYS read the instructions after I call the vendor for support and they tell me to RTFM. I'm gonna do it backwards this time and read them first.

Edited by Perforator

And my girlfriend will continue that tradition when her M2 shows up. After all, she got to see me make a fool of myself first, so now it'll be easy! :roflol:

Edited by CJW