Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Center of Mass kydex holster

mike4045

I just got a new race version holster for my 6"STI limited gun. So far it looks great. Retention and fit are very good. I saw his holsters at the Gator match, I was impressed enough to order one. Very nice guy to visit with. I was wondering if anyone has tried his gear? I can't wait to get it out to a match and try it. I did do a few draws and it seems to be as fast as my Ghost holster. I am planning on it being my USPSA and 3 gun holster. I took a couple of pics also. The only thing I would change is the color. Something other than black :rolleyes: .

Edited by mike4045

Yeah, I have some COM stuff. Seeing as I'm in Idaho, I see Rick from COM now and then at matches. In fact, I just ordered the same holster from him for Limited and 3 gun. Unfortunately his website needs to be updated to include his latest designs, but it seems like he's always coming up with something new.

I saw it first hand at the Gator match. I would have never known by looking at his website. He wanted some chatter about it. Just did some more draws from it and got it set where I wanted it. I will try it out after work Tuesday. I like that he spends more time working on his gear than on his website. He really needs toshow his work a little more. I will be using it at the TX 2 gun match in a few weeks.

Last summer at the Idaho USPSA Sectional he showed me a prototype he was working on for an IDPA holster. Looked pretty good, but haven't seen the final yet. COM also has belts, mag pouches and cell phone holsters out of kydex (wearing one right now). All really well made gear. Rick is a competitor and sponsors a lot of matches in Idaho, so he's a real supporter of the sport and has the first hand experience of what would be a good product for games plus carry. I know there are a lot of manufacturers out there and everybody has their favorites, but COM has become my go-to guy for kydex gear.

Support the guys who support the sport, right?

Just thought I'd toss in my bit. I have a Production rig (belt, mag pouches and holster) for a CZ75 from COM. I also have a holster for a Gold Cup and various single mag carriers for my carry guns. Rick is great to deal with and as mentioned above good to talk to on the phone when he has time. The quality of finish and fit on his gear is excellent. It's all built well and works. I think it's as good as you can get and only personal preference or a whim divides his from the others. I am impressed that he supports the RM300, a match here in Colorado that's growing in popularity and attendance, with great prizes. I plan to spend more money with him.

SO!!....Support the guys who support the sport!!

I just got my iwb holster for fullsize 1911 from Rick, ordered it on a weds and got it the next day!!

After speaking with him I have order the race holster for my Brazo's with full dust cover as well.

Rick has been a big supportor of the Indiana Section Matches sending certificates for the last couple of years.

I own one of Rick's holsters and think they are great. It's the only one I trust for 3 Gun matches. (I've seen way too many shooters sent home due to a "dropped gun" situation.) This holster is virtually custome made. COM is also a great supporter of our sport.

Ranger6

My production rig from COM has a thumb screw tension adjuster which makes it easy to adjust retention. When you order your belt, pay particular attention to the waist size you order. It's a good design, but if you order too big a size, the Velcro does not line up properly to fully support the outer belt.