Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Larue Mount for the Burris TAC-30

Mbauer67

The title pretty much says it;

For you guys that have been using the new Burris TAC-30, which Larue mount have you been using? Or other brand of mounts while we are on that subject.

I shoot pretty much nose almost touching the charging handle.

Thanks

I don't own the Tac30 but do own a 1-4x with similar eye relief.

I shoot "pretty much" nose to handle as well (almost but not quite) and I use the American Defense Recon-X mount.

I would say the Larue equivalent (or vice versa) would be the Larue SPR-E.

Edited by JaeOne3345

I run an LT-104 with mine. I actually have it back a ways (3/4" of rail showing at the front of the receiver) because I was at the end of the eye relief. I run my Magpul ACS 1 click in from fully extended.

Jae one, I have not ordered the TAC-30 yet, I am going to order it in the next couple days. Thanks I might take you up on your offer, but I am leaning pretty heavily towards a Larue mount, I am also considering the PEPR mount from Burris.

I have an ADM Recon mount (non extended) and a Bobro extended one. I think for any future purchases I will most likely stick with extendeds for maximum flexibility regardless of scope. You can always move the scope back in the mount, or the mount back on the receiver a back a bit; it is moving forward that usually creates the challenges IMO.