Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

I drove out to the range last week to sign up as a member and got to drive around to the different ranges. It looks like it is going to be a great place for a 3 gun match. Too bad there is no trooper class as this place would be a great test if you had to carry all your gear between stages. The bays are really spread out, this is not like FB3G. Larry, is there going to be shuttles between stages or do I need to add power assist to my 3 gun cart? :) See everyone (I am also RO'ing) in November!

-mike-

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question about my rifle comp. I use the SJC Titan. The OAL is 3.25". The threading on the barrel however extends .5" into the base of the comp making the comp 2.75" from the end of the muzzle. As I read the rule, this is legal as it is less than 3" from the end of the muzzle. Am I correct in my interpretation?

I am also fuzzy about the rule:

5.3.4.4 Compensators and muzzle brakes may not exceed 1 inch in diameter and 3

inches in length (as measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator).

Does 3 inches mean total OAL of the brake vs. what Jetracer means?

Please clarify.

Thanks

I have a question about my rifle comp. I use the SJC Titan. The OAL is 3.25". The threading on the barrel however extends .5" into the base of the comp making the comp 2.75" from the end of the muzzle. As I read the rule, this is legal as it is less than 3" from the end of the muzzle. Am I correct in my interpretation?

YES

YES

Not sure what all the questions are for as these are the same rules that are used at Superstition Mountain. However to give you the official answer the SJC is good. The 3" is from the end of the muzzle whihc covers 99.9% of all tactical comps.

I think you should make Eric Lund shoot a Rolling Thunder at this match due to this rule. LOL!!! :roflol:

Larry, what exactly is a skinny sammy target?

They are the spawn of the devil. At least for iron sight shooters if they are more than about 100 yards. Unless you're JJ Johnson.

Bryan,

I think the little buggers talk to each other and that's why JJ hits them so well. He broke at least 2 of them at Ozark, (And when I say broke...I've been smacked so hard, I've fallen and I can't get up!) so maybe the others just duck when he shoots at them! :roflol:

Denise

Larry, what exactly is a skinny sammy target?

They are the spawn of the devil. At least for iron sight shooters if they are more than about 100 yards. Unless you're JJ Johnson.

Bryan,

I think the little buggers talk to each other and that's why JJ hits them so well. He broke at least 2 of them at Ozark, (And when I say broke...I've been smacked so hard, I've fallen and I can't get up!) so maybe the others just duck when he shoots at them! :roflol:

Denise

So the skinny Sammy is essentially an MGM Autopopper?

I think the skinny Sammy is a little taller than a MGM autopopper. That's some of the reason I think I had trouble with them, the vertical area is large enough to fool my trigger finger into thinking the sight picture is "good enough" when it's the narrow horizontal area that's allowing my .30 bullets to sneak past.

I think the skinny Sammy is a little taller than a MGM autopopper. That's some of the reason I think I had trouble with them, the vertical area is large enough to fool my trigger finger into thinking the sight picture is "good enough" when it's the narrow horizontal area that's allowing my .30 bullets to sneak past.

Hmmm! A harder version of the Auto Popper? I wonder if that is what was used at Ozark? I assumed those were MGM's. Now that I know there is a harder version it would explain all those misses I had at Ozark.

Yeah, I kind of assumed that they were the 14" tall MGM Auto Poppers

AP_standard.jpg

Yes these are the Skinny Sammies. However we will be putting orange foot flags on them so they will flash from the bottom to indicate a hit. We will be painting them gray so when the bullet hits, the color stays the same for every shooter.....oh but here is the best part. Each one of the rifle steel targets will have a yellow (real yellow not lime green with a white popper) card behind it large enough that no matter where you see it, the yellow will be on both sides and top of the popper.

This should make it much easier to see as this was the best contrast I could come up with that would be the same from the first shooter to te last shooter.

Also, we will be painting all the plate target stands located in natural terrain FLORESCENT RED to assist with plate posiion identification, again the plates will be gray. I will also look at if needed to assist with indetification of a plate location, a piece of red/orange engineer tape hanging from a tree limb.

I will try to make it so all the targets are visable at all times, if you miss them, it will be your fault!

Larry

Submitted my application today (via e-mail & snail mail). Hopefully it'll get there in time to make it into a squad, now that some spots have opened up. Any idea of the number of spots that recently became available? Just curios about my odds...

I wrote about 10 refund checks today and Linda said that the waiting list has been exhausted so we will have spots open. Send you application and if you have friends on the fence, send the match application tomorrow as the match fee increases on 1 Oct.

Larry

Just an FYI, the range has been hit with a large amount of rain over the summer. As a result, most of the bay construction has not been finished and may not be finished in time for the match. With that said, I am headed to the range on Saturday to find new and interesting locations to put our stages. So instead of seeing 6 stages on bays, you may only see 2. I know Jesse you were looking forward to some tougher shots however I afraid I might not be able make that happen. Also be prepared for some stage numbers to change as a result as I want to keep the match shooting in numerical order verses not knowing what stage you shoot next without looking at the schedule....again I am keeping Jesse in mind here.

Larry

Just an FYI, the range has been hit with a large amount of rain over the summer. As a result, most of the bay construction has not been finished and may not be finished in time for the match. With that said, I am headed to the range on Saturday to find new and interesting locations to put our stages. So instead of seeing 6 stages on bays, you may only see 2. I know Jesse you were looking forward to some tougher shots however I afraid I might not be able make that happen. Also be prepared for some stage numbers to change as a result as I want to keep the match shooting in numerical order verses not knowing what stage you shoot next without looking at the schedule....again I am keeping Jesse in mind here.

Larry

Your consideration is greatly appreciated!

Hi Todd,

I will get it for my friend Carlo calingasan. Are you going to be at cherokee this sat?

Raymond

If anyone is wanting to go and get in on the match fee prior to Oct. 1 - let me know, I have a slot available

Refunds are no longer available after Oct.1

Work has interfered and I am not able to make it.