Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets

badmonkey

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necropost here, but I just got home from Afghanistan and have been out of the loop for a while and this is the most recent post I've seen. Has anyone heard anything new regarding his health (hopefully a problem that has since been fixed) and the status of when they will be open for orders again? Another shooter at a local match turned me on to these about a year back. Unfortunately I deployed prior to ordering any and just finally unpacked all of my reloading equipment to find they had a hold on orders. Thanks.

I expressed an opinion based on facts I observed, that depending on a one man part time mail order operation that didnt accept credit cards might leave you hanging, several people had a fit, In the words of Sheldon Cooper, "I seem to have previously informed you thusly."

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111730&hl=bayou%20bullets%20&st=0

I was in the shop the other day and he's expanding a lot. He also plans to offer a hard cast lead bullet and is working on a new lube that can be sold at a lower price and still shoot extremely well. I really like the sample of 200 gr .40's that I picked up the other day. Quality guy with a quality product, I couldn't ask for more.

I expressed an opinion based on facts I observed, that depending on a one man part time mail order operation that didnt accept credit cards might leave you hanging, several people had a fit, In the words of Sheldon Cooper, "I seem to have previously informed you thusly."

I'm not sure I follow the logic on that one. Half of the shooting equipment I own was purchased through various forum equipment exchanges/swap meets, etc. and more often than not there weren't several threads/posts vouching for the character and general good-standing of the individuals selling the equipment. I think I stand a much better chance at getting burned that way than buying bullets from a website that might not be the flashiest. Odd thing is that even without all of the eye fluff it's still easy to find information on the product, the cost, where payment needs to be sent, etc. Hell, I'd trust my gunsmith to do just about anything to my weapons and he doesn't have a website, let alone accept credit cards.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111730&hl=bayou%20bullets%20&st=0

This was uncalled for. I don't recall Donnie attacking you in any threads on this or any other board.

I consider Donnie a friend and will back him to the end.

Edited by scooterj

Nothing to do with attacking anyone. I think that it is great he seems to be ramping up production and I hope he turns it into a full time well staffed operation. His products are evidently well liked and we could definitely use some more competition in the bulk bullet market. I honestly wish him the best. I hope eventually Bayou Bullets becomes a great operation but so far the cautions about a dependable supply I expressed six months ago still seem to be an issue. Obviously there are supporters of the product that are ok with that.

Well, I hope Donnie is well, if health issues have been a problem, and I hope Bayou is back in business soon! I just shot the last of my Bayous and dropped back to my cache of cast lead and boy did I notice the change in smoke. I have always found Bayou to be responsive, at a great price-point, and good quality material. If he changes to groove-less molds I can live with that, if not, that's okay too. Grooved bullets are no harder to load.

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe he has retired or is in the process of leaving his day job. I do know that he has ordered another casting machine, another curing oven and other equipment so that he can swing this full time. He also told me that he was working on a regular hard cast bullet with a new lube that could be sold at a lower price than the coated ones. Samples I saw looked great, and will be trying out his new 200gr .40's as soon as I load some. I think in a few weeks he'll be good to go, but I do have his contact info if anyone wants to reach him personally, just pm me for details.

• 1 month later...