Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock17 spare parts list....

G17fan

Hello, I am new here and fairly new to IPSC at my local club. I have shot a few matches and Im hooked. I now want to get some spare parts that might fail/break during a match. I have the following:

holster

mag pouches

belt

G17 with 4 mags

ammo

What would you recommend I stock up on regarding springs, pins etc.

Thanks.

The ultimate spare part is another G17 wink.gif

I did a quick search for +spare+parts in the Glock sub-forum and found these for you.

http://www.brianenos...1

http://www.brianenos...=1

FWIW in all the years and weekly matches I have not (seriously, never) had a Glock part fail me. I on the other hand, with the endless fiddling

have failed my Glocks several times. Theres that...mellow.gif

Jim

The ultimate spare part is another G17 wink.gif

I did a quick search for +spare+parts in the Glock sub-forum and found these for you.

http://www.brianenos...1

FWIW in all the years and weekly matches I have not (seriously, never) had a Glock part fail me. I on the other hand, with the endless fiddling

have failed my Glocks several times. Theres that...mellow.gif

Jim

Yep the only spare part you will never need, but nice to have :roflol::cheers:

If your shooting a Glock and it breaks chances are there will be 10-100 other flicks nearby that someone will gladly let you borrow. If you don't put a bunch of fancy go fast parts inside if the gun the chances if it breaking are so slim I wouldn't even worry about spare parts. I travel all over the country and the only spare parts I bring are striker spring, guide rod, and recoil spring.

All the parts listed on the links to the other posts are things that you may eventually need or use if you shoot your Glock long enough.

At a match, I had the trigger spring break on me... and that could a been prevented had I put the gun on a maintenance schedule and replaced the $2 spring at 6k mark.

So besides a few springs, you may first want to invest in additional magazines. With the 4 that you got, you have enough to finish most stages. Additional mags will facilitate optimal reload positions on a stage and buy you insurance against misses and fumbles when shooting in Production Division.

It will also enable you to keep shooting the match if you drop a magazine in mud or fine sand requiring you to fully disassemble it before putting it back in service. With spares, you drop the one needing service in your range bag until you have time to clean it.

The only thing I can think of that broke or failed was I had a trigger pin break on me, but I didn't know about it until I was cleaning my gun, the gun ran throuhout the entire match. Also when I put lightned springs in the gun, I was getting light strikes. When I got a new aftermarket barrel with a tighter chamber, I had some jams at first until I figured out that I needed to barrel gauge not case gauge with my new barrel. But other than that its an excellent platform. When you start adding and messing with the original design pay close attention to what the gun is doing, you may have to fiddle with it to make it work reliably and consistantly.

I've been shooting Glocks for about 20 years now and the only thing I have had break on me during a match is my brain.

However, I've replaced trigger springs, stock front sights and trigger pins on several of my fellow competitors Glocks. I also replaced one extractor. I do have all of the tuned race parts in my G35s, so I carry a complete trigger assembly, striker assembly, spring kit, mag rebuild kit and a pair of sights in my range bag. I do a complete strip/inspect, replace all springs annually.

If you want to have spare parts, the ones most likely to be needed are a trigger pin and a trigger spring. However, you'll likley be carrying them for your friends who don't maintain their Glocks.

I've been shooting Glocks for about 20 years now and the only thing I have had break on me during a match is my brain.

However, I've replaced trigger springs, stock front sights and trigger pins on several of my fellow competitors Glocks. I also replaced one extractor. I do have all of the tuned race parts in my G35s, so I carry a complete trigger assembly, striker assembly, spring kit, mag rebuild kit and a pair of sights in my range bag. I do a complete strip/inspect, replace all springs annually.

If you want to have spare parts, the ones most likely to be needed are a trigger pin and a trigger spring. However, you'll likley be carrying them for your friends who don't maintain their Glocks.

yes! trigger spring, I broke one of those to, keep one of those also!! I second that, you will probably have the parts for your friends, but at the same time the glock parts aren't very expensive. I think I bought every single part that I thought could break during the course of a match and it was less that $150.

Glock parts are relatively inexpensive, so I usually have the following in my parts kit:

All springs

Extractor

Complete tuned trigger group

Complete firing pin assembly

I have about $100 total in parts and can pretty much rebuild anything that can or would go wrong during a match. It also helps out other shooters as well.

Based on everyones input, here is what I have gathered.

- slide cover palte

- Extractor with loaded chamber

- slide stop lever 2 pin

- emergency field replacement spring kit

- factory trigger pin

Anything else I should consider/add or change?

Again, thanks everyone :cheers:

Edited by G17fan