Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Though many are responsible for aiding in making this match happen, I would like to do one particular shout out to someone who did not commit to being a part of it at all but has stepped up big time.

He has helped by picking up all kinds of materials for me, helping me paint, build barricades, cut stuff, build the shooting platform, loaned me steel for the match and made many trips from AL to KY, helped clear jungle runs, set targets, assemble the match and given me tons of encouragement. I couldn't or at least it would have been tons more difficult, have done it all without him. :bow:

This man who has been so generous of his time, sweat, and gas money is Mike P on this forum, he will also be working the match as an RO, so all of you there be sure and thank him and buy him a beer for he has gone far above in helping an event hours from his home almost an hour from my house, His time lost from practice will undoubtedly cost him a few places in the match standings and at the prize table but has raised him to new levels in my standings.

thanks Mike :cheers:

jeff

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the people I was going to be lodging with have informed me that since I do not work for their company, management doesn't want "outsiders" in their rooms. Since I was going to be the driver, I wasn't going to be paying for the room, just providing transportation and the fuel. I can't afford a room for the whole weekend. Therefore, it looks like I will not be attending. How do I go about getting my spot opened up for someone else to use/getting my entry fee back?

I know its very late in the game, but its just not happening.

So the people I was going to be lodging with have informed me that since I do not work for their company, management doesn't want "outsiders" in their rooms. Since I was going to be the driver, I wasn't going to be paying for the room, just providing transportation and the fuel. I can't afford a room for the whole weekend. Therefore, it looks like I will not be attending. How do I go about getting my spot opened up for someone else to use/getting my entry fee back?

Anyone need a got some spare space on the floor of their room for this guy? I hate seeing people need to backout this close to an event.

Would I be correct in assuming that that the crew that was riding with you are NOT pro shooters? I could post another comment but that would be stretching the rules of this forum.......

Would I be correct in assuming that that the crew that was riding with you are NOT pro shooters? I could post another comment but that would be stretching the rules of this forum.......

I think We need some names to include in the "Punk" plan.

Clean up my post ... OK no names :blush:

Edited by AlamoShooter

I'm not going to name names, as the people that were riding with me and I was going ton use their lodging had no control, it was their bosses.... Who aren't even shooting.....

I have a few options as of right now, so hopefully I will still be attending. One of the customers I make parts for(actually my biggest customer) is in Bowling Green. I may get my company to pay for the trip as a business trip, just have to make a stop in Bowling green thursday some point. Or I'll just sell a kidney.....

Edited by Jon Fuhrman

I'm not going to name names, as the people that were riding with me and I was going ton use their lodging had no control, it was their bosses.... Who aren't even shooting.....

I have a few options as of right now, so hopefully I will still be attending. One of the customers I make parts for(actually my biggest customer) is in Bowling Green. I may get my company to pay for the trip as a business trip, just have to make a stop in Bowling green thursday some point. Or I'll just sell a kidney.....

You are kinder than "they" deserve. I am a boss. I do not tell my employees with whom they can sleep. And I would not hire an amployee who allowed me to control that.

I have room as well if u need. Just the niece and I. I have to say I love this place! Someone hits a bump in the road and people are offering to help,not thinking "cool,one less shooter against me" this is why I love doing this stuff. Yes its a battle to win,but most people want the challenges and not an easy win. You guys are all amazing people.

Too early to tell, I have to see exactly what comes in and how many entries we have in boht division and will be trying to facilitate a reasonable approach to prize distribution, you can be sure there will be several, I have the custom STI 9mm from Freedom Gunworks/ Brownell/ STI/ Rockcastle designated for sure, then it will be a mix of the rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc that come in, I definately see several AR's, a Benelli Super Nova and at multiple pistols, but until it all gets here and I can do the math and spread it all out I can't make promises,

But with all the fun you will have, free food, Pro Clinics, new friends and what you walk away with I don't think you will be disappointed for your time or AM entry fee

Don't forget to buy $20 raffle ticket for NRA Life of Duty to have a chance to win the Benny Hill Triangle Custom 9mm STI, I know I would like to have a custom STI for $20

:rolleyes:

I would guess half as many as will be on the pro table, based on match entry fees being double what the am's paid. :)

seems reasonable, but I recently shot a match where the best prize gun was a SCAR and it was eventually awarded to the guy who finished 3rd overall, but he won the division with the most people in it, therefore that division was allocated the SCAR. no complaints, just not what I would have guessed going in. Im not shooting the match for a gun. Im shooting cuz its ggoing to be the best 3gun match of the year. Winning a gun would be a nice benefit tho :lol:

1 week to go!!

I've seen prizes distributed in every possible way in the last 25 years and have determined there is no one right way, I've seen some I liked some I didn't and I've been at every level of the food chain in those years. All I can say is I will do the best I can, I will be looking at numbers in divisions, $ in entry and having to make some hard choices because it is not as easy to split prizes as it is dollars, but I will do my best to make it as equitable as possible with all factors involved.

I am actually planning on splitting what we have to date between the Pro and AM divisions this starting this weekend as I know how much time it takes to do this task well, it can be done faster right before the awards but that doesn't give it justice

I understand all concerns, you will also be able to see the table before awards start too to appreciate all the sponsors gave and all the work Joe, N & N, and all involved did in getting this together

Thanks for coming already

jeff

Just for another tidbit, do to a colabrative effort there will be a Benelli M2 with a RCI XRail mod done to it on one prize table, just not sure where to put that super beast!! Can't wait to see it :sight:

Just for another tidbit, do to a colabrative effort there will be a Benelli M2 with a RCI XRail mod done to it on one prize table, just not sure where to put that super beast!! Can't wait to see it :sight:

I would suggest the PRO side :devil:

Jeff, I don't envy you here. I'd rather run all 500 shooters up and down the hills and hollows of Rockcastle than have to deal w/ the prize table and all comments associated with the idea of what's right.

When I was a little boy, my sister and I were arguing over the last cookie. Her being the older child, my father allowed her to split the cookie into two portions. He allowed me to decide which portion I wanted.

Don't lose sight of the reasons we shoot.

Edited by Bryan 45